II. A Marriage Proposal

𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖆 & 𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖘 𝕾𝖈𝖔𝖙𝖙- 𝕿𝕶𝕹

𝔖𝔖𝔖𝔖
                                  Abrar

"Scalpel!"

I bring forth my right hand for the assistant nurse to place the tool, using it to open the marked area of the patient on the belly below the chest area.

"Suction! Some more gauze please"

The patient is already loosing so much blood.

"What is the patient's status?".

"The BP's 80/50!".

"Start blood transfusion!" The nurse obliges.

. . .

I remove my blood stained surgical gloves and masks before taking off the also stained surgical gown, leaving me in my hospital uniform, I open the water and let it flow washing my hands and face before wearing my white coat.

"How is he doing? I don't want him to die" The mother of the patient sat up from her chair and made her way to me, panic evident in her features.

"He's out of danger, none of his organs were badly affected so by God's grace he'll be fine" I assure the now-crying mother before excusing myself from the family as I head to the office.

I let out a sigh of relief seeing that the office was empty, I quickly sat on my chair, removing my trembling hands from the pockets of my coat, I intertwine them both and press them on my knees to also stop my legs from shaking.

Fuck no!

I start counting repeatedly with my shaking fingers to calm down "One, two, three, four, five- one, two, thr-" I stop at the sound of the door opening, a young woman clad in the blue hospital uniform walks into the space.

"Dr. Abrar, I was told to meet with you to discuss the new patient's condition since you're leaving now," she said walking further into the office, making herself comfortable by sitting on the black leather couch.

"Yes" my reply was curt. There is something about her that I find disliking, Maybe it's the oversized red and white clogs she has on, or the way she's sat on the leather couch without permission in the first place, oh probably also the strong cheap perfume she has on that wants to block my nostrils.

"So? Aren't you meant to-" being jolted from my thoughts, I raise my head, sending a look her way making her stop in her tracks, swallowing every other word that wanted to follow, I didn't even do anything and she's already mute? my shaking body now in a halt as I have already gotten distracted by her presence.