Runaway

I finally saw my apartment from afar. I was about to continue the rest of the journey when my feet came to a halt. I couldn't just go home. What would I do? Just sit around at home all day? Make Mom spend her money on my needs? Search for schools or jobs online knowing they would reject me? Do nothing in my life? Continue cutting my hands in my room? Death is much more better than-

"Pray you'll be born with a quirk in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof of a building"

Kac- no Bakugou's words made me think. Think about loads, the pros and cons of my life. What would happen if I decided to not be alive anymore? Would anyone even miss me if I jumped? I'm totally sure Mom will be happy without having to worry about taking care of a child, especially a diagnosed quirkless child. With my hopes and dreams crushed, what else was there to live for? This is not the first time I've planned to kill myself and plus Bakugou's suicide baiting didn't help my case. The only reason I stopped those thoughts was because I wasn't ready to give up. I didn't want them to win. I wanted to fight back and prove I wasn't weak. And now, I believe that they have won against me with minimum effort.

I guess I might as well go and take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a better quirk in my next life. But I can't do here...in this neighborhood. I have do it somewhere else, far away.

So instead of heading home, I walked to a small boutique that have been closed for a month due to the owner being on vacation. I walked to the back door, took a lock pick from my bag and unlocked the door. One of the skills I learned. I peeped inside the shop seeing no camera before walking inside. I find some clothes to wear and took a black hiking backpack. I know stealing is wrong, but I'm in a desperate situation. I remove my U.A uniform and wore the new clothes. I wear a red trimmed, large black jacket with a high collar, underneath an unzipped, sleeveless white hoodie, black torn pants and grey shoes. I put the hoodie on to conceal my identity. After I'm done, I put my uniform, red shoes inside my yellow backpack. The shoes and old backpack are gonna be a dead giveaway to track me down if I wear them.

When I'm done, I quickly leave the store and head back home while avoiding the street cameras. I grew up in this neighborhood so I know all the hidden cameras like the back of my hand. I climb the stairs and made it to my apartment. I look at the door and steels myself for the life changing decision I'm about to make. My heart shattered when I thought of Mom. Even though she was too overprotective sometimes and treated me like glass unintentionally, she cared for me, she raised me, she showered me with love. I took one last look at the door of my home before dropping my backpack next to the door.

"I love you Mom and I'm sure gonna miss you"

I rushed away from my home and ran down the stairs back. By the time I had reached the exit, the weather started to clear up and sun rays shone upon the city. I ran like I was running from a serial killer, passing strangers, cars, and shops alike, avoiding the cameras, never stopping, never looking back. I ran until I reached the Musutafu central station. I had no idea where to go so I looked at the basic map poster at the train station and selected an area I've always wanted to go.

Tokyo. The city where All Might's agency is. I could see the Might tower before I die. Yeah, that sound good.

I bought the train ticket and got on the train. It was a two and a half hour ride. The doors beeped a few times before closing behind me. The engines beneath their feet whirred to life and finally, the train left the Musutafu central station. It was just me left in the train alone with strangers. I have always been alone. Being alone in a crowded city soon is a bit different than being alone at home and school. And honestly I was getting scared. Makes me want to wait for the train to head back to Musutafu and back home where Mom is waiting for me.

"But, then what? Everything would go back to how it was. Like you said, death is much better than that life" I sigh in thought.

The train finally reach Tokyo. I got off the train and planned to walk the rest of the way. The crowd was heading towards the train as I pass by. Hiking up my backpack, I began my walk. Throughout out the day, I was roaming around in the alleyways and roads, taking sight of Tokyo with all its buildings, shops, amusement park, signs and advertisements, while looking for a prefect building to jump off. I look up at the sky noticing it was starting to get dark.

My stomach grumbled. I sigh remembering I didn’t have anything on me to eat. I kept walking, rested on the ground for fifteen minutes, and went back to walking. I found a vending machine with snacks. I place my money inside the machine and select the snack I want. I heard it rumble and click and saw the chocolate bar with a green label fall into the hatch. I took it and open it to eat as I continue my walk. I gasp as I saw All Might's agency, the Might tower. It's so much cooler seeing it real life. I sat on a bench staring at the building, admiring it as the sky gets dark and the building lights up.

I decided to pull out my phone since I put it on silence before coming to Tokyo. "9:30pm. Damn, time sure flies fast" I saw hundreds of miss calls, texts and voicemails from Mom, her friends, neighbors, Aunt Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru. I didn’t have the energy or guts to open those just to go through each one. I noticed multiple messages from a random number, I didn’t know the unknown number that had called me so I looked at it.

Unknown number: [Pick up the damn phone shitty Deku]

I grit my teeth in anger. Katsuki Bakugou. That bastard had the nerve to call and text me. He and I had stopped being friends since we were in kindergarten. I had tried to continue to be his friend, try to know what I had done to deserve his wrath, until the injuries got from him were too painful to be worth the effort. I have never gotten Katsuki’s phone number when Mom gave me my first phone. I suspect Mom must’ve thought Katsuki have mine. I wonder how had she reacted when it turned out he didn’t? I noticed a number that made my heart sank. It was All Might's. He tried calling me four times and there were few texts from him.

All Might: [Hey young Midoriya. You okay]

All Might: [I heard you were expelled from U.A and no one seen you since]

All Might: [Please talk to me. Your mother is very worried. If it's because of your expulsion, I'll find a way to fix it. I promise you I will. Everything will be okay, just please tell where you are? I'll come get you]

All Might: [It's been hours and no one has heard from you. Please let me know nothing bad has happened. I need to know you're okay, I don't how I'd be able to do anything if you're hurt or worse. Please reply young Midoriya]

I was crying. This was too much. It hurt. All Might must be worried out of his mind. Of course he would be. I never wanted to hurt him and Mom. But I've already made up my mind. They would have to move on without me, it's better this way. I opened All Might's contact and slowly typed out a message.

Me: [Goodbye All Might. Tell Mom I love her]

I took a deep breath and clicked on sent. Immediately All Might texted back.

All Might: [Young Midoriya]

All Might: [Young Midoriya. Are you okay]

All Might: [Where are you. What do you mean goodbye]

All Might: [Why haven't you texted anyone? Please tell me you're okay]

All Might: [Young Midoriya please tell me. I want to help]

With that, I got up and walked inside a alleyway I passed before and threw my phone inside a burning trash. So that no one would hear from me again.