The way he saw red when he saw Taehyung so helpless. The way his helplessness peaked just to know that the other was safe desperately. The way he wanted the other to face his fears. The way he took the first step to talk to the man he considered rival all these years just to give Taehyung some comfort. What is indeed wrong with him?

He dressed up not bothering to answer the phone that has been blowing up from the moment he left the conference hall. He let out a deep irritated sigh before answering, knowing very well it was his brother on the other side.

“What is it? I know you already managed to handle my abrupt actions. So, why are you not giving up? I need to be alone.” He roared not bothering to even let Bright speak a single word. He frowned when all he got was silence.

He could hear heavy breaths before he spoke gently. “Are you okay hyung?” Jungkook felt his shoulders slump at the question. Is it because of the comfort the question brought him or because he knows how Bright can always see through him? The person who might know the answer if he looks doesn’t wants to find out.

“Take care, hyung. I will manage everything here.” Bright cut the call understanding he is not going to get any answer from his brother. Both of the Jeons had been through a lot of emotions because of the blonde man.

He clutched onto his phone thinking about Lisa and before he knew it he was already calling her.

‘Hey babe...’

‘Hey…’ He replied softly.

'I was about to—'

And that’s all he heard before he got lost in thoughts, yet again. He could hear Taehyung's voice echoing in his mind, followed by the few laughs he managed to pull out of him and finally, the distressed voice filled with hope the moment he said his name on the awful day.

After a long time, just when he thought things are progressing and Taehyung was opening up to him, he ran away like a coward. Scared of the purity he saw in Taehyung's eyes when he read him like a book in the party.

Only if he didn't leave.

Jungkook clenched his jaw when he realised what he was doing. He was doing it again. Thinking about Taehyung more than necessary. The more he is trying to escape it, the more he is falling deep into this whatever pit.

He tried hard to focus on something other than his scary thoughts. He could hear faint voice of his girlfriend and he pushed himself to focus on her.

She was talking about how she spent her day. Did she say her day was good or not? He didn't know. He stared into nothing a slight frown forming between his eyebrows.

It was like he was working in an auto mode when it’s about Taehyung, and he absolutely hated that feeling. He wants to be in control. He wants to control every action, every emotion. Like he has been doing all these years. It should be easy for someone like him, who mastered it. But it wasn’t.

No. He cannot give anyone that power to invade his thoughts like this. NO ONE.

"..and I was presenting the--"

"I Love You." He interrupted her blabbering, robotically.

"Huh?" It was hard for Lisa to catch what he said. She was not sure if it was what she thought it was.

"I love you. I really do." He said again, calmly but with a hint of desperation and something close to explaining himself. Who was he trying to convince? Was it Lisa? Or himself?

"I know. I love you too Kook." He could feel her smile as she spoke those words. But did the words cause any relief to his heart like thought they would? The smile on his face that didn't reach his eyes has the answer.