Legends never die -ESMP-

Start from the beginning

Jimmy
Do I have something on my face? Scott has barely stopped starring at me through Joel's pathetic excuse of a speech. I practically always wore my Codfather hat to events like these, but today I just thought I'd try something new. I couldn't think of a time when they last saw my face, no I lied, after the last battle myself and the Count had, he'd ripped half the mask from my face. He only saw an eye and a bloodied cheek and beaten scales. Apart from my sister intact none of the other emperors have seen my face since Kathrine's coronation, 5 years ago now, as she was the last of us to be crowned after her father retired. My servants often see my without a mask and do encourage me to talk it off, so I've listened to their advice.

I walked into the palace and the guards didn't recognise me because of my different appearance. That led me to climbing the palace walls into my room, how was I to know Joel kept his shoe collection in there? Story cut short I stepped in through the window and immediately tackled to the ground with a shoe ready to smash into my face. Good reflexes I must admit ; I'm the one who taught their king most moves in the sparring mat. So it was my turn to pin Joel to the floor and kick the show from his hands. "Okay okay!" He gasped as my forearm held his throat down, I let go and helped him to his feet with a sigh that switched to a laugh. "Sorry mate, I hadn't realised that was you."

Pix had done a double take when he arrived and so had the others. Scott's eyes widened slightly though that was the only shock he'd allow. Shrub had to ask me who I was and Sausage squeezed the life out of me when he held my cheeks firmly and close to his face telling me how much I'd grown up. A few people have taken long looks at my complexion and noticing that I really do have green scales, but the King of Rivendell never shifted his eyes from mine. Embarrassed, edgy, intimidated, yes, that was a mix of what I felt.

On the night of Scott's crowning he'd kissed me, and oh my cod it was as if my heart was lit aflame. We'd write letters most nights from that day on and meet in private to avoid both the public eye and our families taking control. Elves don't really like Fish folk nor anyone else really, so as children we never bonded exactly. But now he was king, he could change their species friendship with a proposal. We'd waited until my dad decided to retire though he never did. I loved my father, he knew I'd sneak of with someone and teased me for it but since my mother died he'd always been there for me. He was killed by a Mythland Assassin along with the Pixandrian King, my cousin, Pix's brother. And that's who that war started. Sausage had begged us that day not to go to war. His mother was still queen at the time though we still blamed him after her death. The rage of war and the grief consumed me, I shut everyone out, Joel, Lizzie and Scott. Though times have changed and so have I.

Anyway the meeting.

Joel waffled on about Jeremy, a few trade deals, Jeremy, his plans on recruiting more for his slowly decreasing armies, Jeremy. Scott still starred.
Next was Lizzie explaining her efforts to expand her palace and was in need of Kathrine's dye.
Pearl said she had a solution for the tentacles that roamed her lands and said it was worth a try. This immediately prompted an argument about Xornoth, poor Joel looked utterly confused. Though it was more less frequent he still starred at me. I began to tap my foot lightly on the floor and focus on the argument that ensured but it just didn't stop. He wasn't smiling, blushing even he just watched. His usual pale face and vaguely bored expression didn't falter. Nothing sparkled in his eyes, in fact they dulled as everyone began to shout around the table. It wasn't long before my attention snapped into another direction.
"What do you think Codfather?" Someone asked, "Or are you so busy daydreaming about your boyfriend?" Cod every part of him hated Fwhip.
"Excuse me?"

Back to Joel
Does it mention anything in the rule book about using magic to shut everybody up? If so I'm asking Gem, don't trust Sausage with magic now. The whole server was arguing about some elf named Xornoth and now Jim is loosing it and taking it all out on Fwhip when he shipped him and Smajor together. I've never really bonded with Scott, I don't know why but he just dismisses me when I say hello or something. He's one of those people who likes traditions, because he's king he can do what he wants and when he wants it. He and Jim had a thing, apparently that went pear shaped. I nudged Pix, he too noticed a constant staring competition between them, Jim looked really uncomfortable but now he's lost his cool and has steam coming out his ears.

This is just a mess. Gem is sitting directly opposite me so I get her attention by frantically waving my hands about, no one else seemed to notice. She glances over to me, a confused look on her face. I make a few hand signals, trying to explain that I need her to shut everybody up but she's not getting it. She turns her head away and joins in to defend her twin in an argument, again.

I face Pixl who looks very tempered. I can't think of a time I've seen him so fired up, so let today be the first. I mean I've over heard him screaming at Lord Sausage in his office but that's as close as I got before he somehow knew I was spying and told me to get out, slamming the door firmly in my face. I got a glance of Sausage. He looked like he was about to cry.

As I was about to call across the table, my mouth half open I was interrupted by the Copper King, "Can you all for once in your god damn lives shut up and listen!" His voice was loud, echoing across the room like thunder had struck. "We will not have this issue again you hear me! I may not be the host of this meeting but if I'm allowed to speak." He gestured to me, to which I nodded to. "Thank you Joel. Let's get this straight shall we? We all live once, we may have other lives in other worlds but here we live once. You have one chance in this live and so far it's going pretty terribly. War as changed many of our hearts, mine included. Past and present conflicts corrupt us in ways we wish they wouldn't. Xornoth is a danger to us all I agree, and if you don't agree then by all means boys the door is open." He braved a glare in Sausage and Joey's direction.
"Count and Codfather you may never agree with me, but this war is making it worse not better. James, you and I have wanted revenge from two men in this room for many a years but I stand by it now more than ever. War won't bring them back." A tear slipped down his scaly cheek. "Now if you all wouldn't mind keeping your mouths shut for the next hour or so while we finish this meeting then thank you. If you want to take each others heads of then do it in your own time. I'm sure Mr. Beans would much rather not have to clean up any blood today." And he sat back down.

No one dared break the silence until Fwhip stood up to apologise, we all followed with apologetic murmurs afterwards. And the meeting was fine after that. I think it was to much of a shock to challenge what Pix said.

As we said our fair wells I sat down with a heavy sigh escaping my lips as i collapsed onto the sofa that evening. "What's got you smiling?" I huffed as my brother-in-law sat beside me. "I think you'll find I got myself a date." He smiled. "It's bloody well about time you two got back together."
"I don't need a chaperone before you ask." He closed his eyes.
" I was an excellent chaperone with the last guy you dated."
He stifled a laugh and sighed, "I want a rematch from this morning too." I added.

The End

Word count — 2312