Ahil narrowed his eyes while Daniel said: "Exactly what sort of errands are we talking about Ms. Lodhi?"

(Ahil's aesthetic for the day)

"His wedding is around the corner so he must be occupied" Saba answered carelessly.

Examining the look on everyone's face she added: "Don't tell me that you guys don't know?" She instantly looked at Ahil with questionable eyes. It was obviously a deliberate move from her side. On the other hand, Ahil stood at his place, with his usual composure while his eyes were on the pretty girl who continued to blabber.

"Umm.... I'm sorry I thought you might have told them Ahil" Saba continued.

Everybody started to ask Ahil if that was really the case or if Saba was lying.

"Yes she's right.... I am getting married.... Really soon" Ahil smiled at everyone as he shook hands with his colleagues and took all the well wishes. Meanwhile, Saba took no time in vanishing from the crime scene. Her heart sanked as the words left his mouth. She felt devastated.

---------------------

"Tum ny mujhe congratulations nahi kaha" Ahil reffered to Saba, who was waiting for the lift.

"Kis baat par?" Saba asked.

"Earlier you said yourself that I'm getting married.... Bhool gaye itni jaldi?" He smirked cunningly.

"Oh haan....Yaad aya.... Congratulations!" Saba said with a fake smile.

Ahil let out a huge laugh.

"What?" Saba stared at him with a perplexed look.

"Itny sare hoye tareeke sy tum ny kaha hai.... Hassi toh ani he hai" He continued to smile.

"Mein ny dil sy kaha hai" She turned her face towards the lift which now opened. Both of them walked inside.

"Lag toh nahi raha" He teased.

"Tumhein jo sochna hai socho.... I don't care" She threw a tantrum.

"Wait a second.... Tum yeh toh nahi soch rahay keh mujhe bura lag raha hai?.... Aisa sochna bhi mat.... I really don't care about it seriously" She added while facing him directly.

"Mein kiyoun aisa sochoun ga?.... By the way, if you really don't care then why are you justifying yourself so much?.... Kahi tumhein wakai mein bura toh nahi laga?" He questioned her instead.

"Mujhe kiyoun bura lagay ga?" Saba got furious.

"Lagna toh nahi chahyay.... Laikin agar tum mujh sy shadi karna chahti thi toh shayad tumhein-" Ahil took no second in winning in the argument.

"Are you mad or what?.... Aise koi baat nahi hai.... Get over yourself Ahil Hussain" Saba spoke as she leaned closer to him this time. She was absolutely going to hit him but stopped herself.

The lift opened (good timings) and Saba got off. Leaving Ahil with his laughters.

"Shireen aap ghalat sochti hain.... Yeh kabhi nahi manay gi" He said under his breath.

---------------------

The next few days, Saba tried hard to keep herself away from all Ahil related scenarios. She altered her office hours in such a way that she would encounter Ahil as less as possible.

One evening at the dinner table, Saba was having dinner with her parents and Nano just when Nano chose to speak.

"Zahra tum mera lilac reshmi jora steam iron karwa dena"

"Kis liyey" Saba asked as she pushed a spoonful of rice in her mouth.

"Kisi ki engagement hai parsoun" Nano answered.

"Kon?" Saba said.

"Tum janna nahi chaho gi" Nano replied.

Saba's heart skipped a beat, she stopped whatever she was doing. Ahil. A possibility crossed her mind. She wanted to ask further questions but couldn't. She restrained herself instead.

"Saba tum khana khao" Saba's mother addressed.

"I forgot to send an important document.... Be right back" Saba hurried towards her room. As soon as she came upstaris, she locked the door and wept. Heartbreak. Grief. Resentment. Regret. She submerged into an ocean full of sadness where she was drowning alone. She cursed herself for breaking his heart ten years ago, she cursed herself for being selfish, she cursed herself for abandoning him when he needed her the most.

"Ab ronay ka kiya faida.... You really do deserve this" She said as she looked at herself in the mirror of the washroom wall.

---------------------

Subsequent morning, there was no sign of Saba. Nano came to wake her up as it got pretty unsual for her to sleep this late. Her room was neat and tidy, as always, her bed was made but she wasn't there.

Nano came downstairs in the kitchen and found a sticky note on the refrigerator saying:

"I'm going to the Lake side with the girls, we'll be late"

Nano felt easy and continued her day.

---------------------

"Zahra, Saba ny call ki tumhein?" Nano asked Saba's mom.

"No Maa.... I texted her but she didn't respond" Zahra said.

"Mein ny bhi call ki thi magar attend nahi ki uss ny" Nano responded.

"Let me redial" Zahra spoke.

"Maa.... Her phone is switched off" Zahra said as soon as she got off her phone.

"Allah khair kare.... Tum usski kisi dost ko call karo" Nano suggested.

"Jee.... Let me try" Zahra replied as she dialed another number on her call log.

"Maa.... Aila toh apny ghar par hai.... Unka toh aisa koi plan nahi tha" She sounded worried.

"Halaky Aila toh har jaga uss keh saath jati hai.... Saba zaroor kahein aur gaye hai" Nano said.

"Tum mujhe phone pakrao" Nano gestured for her cell.

The next second she was on call with Ahil. She asked him if her colleagues had any plans for visiting the lake side today. Ahil said he would've known about such plans if there were any. She then told her how Saba left the home early in the morning with a note and lied that she was going out with her friends.

"Shireen don't you worry I will find her, I promise" He assured her as he ended the phone call. 

(This story will be having more than 10 parts, no way I'm going to end this with such little romance ;) )