Sahil (4)

Present:

Toronto, Canada

Ahil was the first one to leave the meeting room after Daniel. Saba followed him assuming that they were going for the tour of the company but umhm Ahil had other plans.

"We have to go this way" Saba finally said when she saw Ahil pressing the lift button.

Hands in his pocket, he turned around and for a second or two looked at her and then proceeded:

"No need for that.... I know quite enough for now" He said sternly, turned around as the lift opened.

"But-" Saba wanted to say something but it was too late, he was already in the lift, standing midway, eyes still on her but showed no emotion what so ever, the door closed on her face. She stood there, seemed a bit pissed on what did just happen.

"Here we go.... Playing Bitter exes" Saba sighed as she proceeded towards her office.

----------------------

"So.... how did things go with Mr. Hussain the other day?" The next Daniel asked Saba in the hallway.

"Umm... Fine.... Actually it went good" Saba lied. She didn't have the energy to explain the deal with Ahil so she thought it would be convenient if she lied.

"That's great.... Now you two should start working together on the very first case that I assigned to you this morning." Daniel proposed.

"Me and Ahil together?.... On one case?.... Are you freaking kidding me?" Saba seemed frustrated.

"You seem to have a problem with that I presume" He replied.

"Well....Not really....But it's just so.... early I guess.... I mean he just came yesterday....Don't you think you are rushing things Daniel?" Saba gave her input.

"Thanks for the suggestion Sabs" He mocked.

"And no.... I don't think so that I am rushing things.... This is probably one of the trickiest case to solve which may be sensitive too.... So to avoid any inconvenience I need all hands on board" Daniel explained.

"I see.... What is this case about anyways?" She asked in utter confusion.

"FBI.... now you'll get what I am referring to" He said as he raised one of his eyebrows.

"Hmm..." She nodded.

"Kristie will send you and Mr. Hussain the details, Just go through it and we will have a meeting soon to discuss it further" Daniel summarized.

"Alright" Saba agreed and both went their separate ways.

------------------

At the meeting, lawyers, prosecutors and inspectors were present in order to solve the case about a deceitful agent who was suspicious of numerous charges against him. Saba and Ahil were appointed as the leading lawyers to manage the case.

"I would recommend that you guys should visit the sites of suspicion as soon as possible" Daniel suggested Saba and Ahil as the meeting came to an end.

"You're right we don't have that much time anyway" Saba agreed.

They all got up in order to leave to their respective duties, just when Saba confronted Ahil and said:

"So should we start from Queen Street today?"

"Hmm?..." Ahil acted as if he didn't know that she was addressing him.

Saba had to repeat her question with a subtle mock.