VII

Author's Note: roses are red, violets are blue. sebastian may be a demon, but he loves my holy water too 🌚💦

usually i like to keep both my minimum/ maximum word count 3000-3500 per chapter. i have several bullet points that i make and like to complete for each chapter but i notice that they've been exceeding that range and i hope y'all dont mind. 

also! the #WeHateClaude club has to take a back seat this time around. claude slander will be faced with picket signs and protests. 🥰 please excuse any and all errors 💕

Warning: language, mental illness, sacrilege, lime, hint of SebastianxClaude, everyone's favorite golden eyed arachnid demon: Claudie Pooh! 🕷💛

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler. All rights to Yana Toboso.

Amend

'He pet me...' Is all Ciel could think of once Ash left as it was oddly familiar to how his kidnapper once pet him and it only raised his suspicion and trembled his nerves.

After a few hours in the safe room, Ciel had calmed and was removed from his restraints. 

A staff member was stationed to sit just outside of the room to ensure that Ciel didn't harm himself for the time he was in there. This was his first time being sedated and he slipped in an out of unconsciousness and tried to fight the heaviness he felt through him as his body adjusted.

A frown plastered on his face when he first opened his eyes. Four crucifixes hung from the center of each wall. Despite the intention to ease the mind of those who were confined to this room by placing depictions of holy models, it only creeped Ciel out.

When Ciel was given his food, the man responsible for monitoring him had to watch him eat, ensuring that he would use the until utensils to harm himself.

Hours went by until it bled into the next day where Ash stopped by to check on Ciel. He attempted to ask Ciel about his behavior from the previous day, only to be met with silence and Ciel still on defense. A scared child who was suffering is what Ash saw when observing Ciel.

Seeing that we was not ready, Ash left once again.

A while after Ash left, there was a still, eerie silence that filled the padded room.

To his fear, his kidnapper returned. In the corner of the room, he steadily rocked side to side, almost in a mocking way.

Ciel watched in terror from his bed, until the dark figure took a step towards him. He gripped the sheets and winced.

Another step forward and Ciel shot up from his bed to the door and beat on it. He cried for release and could feel the entity approach, but when the man stated outside answered his cries to aid him, the man was gone.

Trying to make sense of his tormenter appearing in places that were physically impossible to get into, he began questioning himself and his own sanity, feeling it being chipped away as the minutes passed.

As required, the man stayed with Ciel until he felt safe and reported the indecent to Ash. For another two days, Ash kept Ciel confined.

Ciel stayed on edge, anticipating the return of his kidnapper while simultaneously trying to appear as though he is no longer a threat to himself or anyone else.

He kept a conscious regulation on his movements, posture and expressions. He wanted out of this room desperately and refrained from asking the staff to release him, convincing him that he was okay. He remained patient, but still very much emotionally and mentally shaken.