𝟎𝟐𝟐: 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

Start bij het begin

"Well um the good news is until your ready we can keep her on life support for a while longer and the bad news is we can only keep her on until the end of the week and I'm sure you already know what comes with that honey.." The nurse said as she softened her face and looked at him with sorrow.

Gathering himself together as he sat up and nodded he wiped his teary red eyes. "I wanna keep her on till I'm ready, Ight?"

"Ok, I also would like to ask is there anymore family members you would like for me to call and inform?" She asked causing Zane to shake his head no. Getting all her answers she stepped out of the room and softly closed the door.

"Fuck!" He yelled.

"How I'm supposed to live without you Gramz.. How? Only you here alive and by my side kept me motivated each day to wake up and stay on my toes because I knew I had someone to prove to that this shit was all worth it.."

Lifting his focus from off the ice-white floor and onto her face Zane bounced his leg up in down as he tried to stop himself from shedding any more tears. "I can't do this shit!" He shouted as he lowered his head and let the tears flow down.

The saying, "men ain't supposed to cry," echoed persistently in Zane's mind, a stark reminder of the harsh street rules he always grew up on. However, in this moment, surrounded by the sterile walls of the hospital, he couldn't afford to heed that unwritten rule.

Gripping her hand tightly, he yearned for a glimmer of response, but all Zane could do was hold her hand and hope she'd grab his back but after 12 hours of sitting here and hearing she was brain-dead he knew it'd never happen so he knew he would have to make that hard choice and take her off of life support soon.

"I love you so much Gramz." Zane spoke before Placing a kiss on her hand.

"It's 5 pm, has he even tried to call you back?" Dreka inquired, As the large circular wall clock struck 5 pm

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"It's 5 pm, has he even tried to call you back?" Dreka inquired, As the large circular wall clock struck 5 pm.

Sierra, concerned, checked her notifications, hoping to find a missed call that might have slipped by. Flipping over her phone and shaking her head, she sighed, "Nope, and I'm still left on delivered. I'm just confused if I might've said or done something wrong."

"Before I get all riled up, let's take a step back and think. Maybe he's out busy with work or something, Si," Dreka suggested.

Resting her palm against her cheek and allowing her head to sink into her hand, Sierra sighed and brushed off the worry. "Knowing how Zane is, yeah, he just might be..."

"I forgot to ask, how's everything going with the salon?" Dreka redirected the conversation.

"It's all going great so far. Christian texted me with a picture showing some of the rooms that were finished, and it looks so pretty!" Sierra shared.

Following Dreka's request, Sierra sent her the photos. She smiled as Dreka gasped with excitement. "Sierra, this shit looks amazing! I already know—just wait till the finished product, girl, you gon love it!"