Part 205

Of course Sonic and Shadow got scolded at after the coach saw them using the crosstrainer. He stopped them right in time, as thin ribbons of smoke escaped from the machines. Sonic and Shadow couldn't stop laughing as it brought them back to the old days.

"You were really lucky," Silver said as they met again in the hallway after they all freshened up and changed back into their regular clothes.

"Nah," Shadow said, waving Silver's comment away, "Coach likes me, so he won't do anything worse than scolding."

"That was fun," Sonic chuckled as he joined their group as well.

Silver rolled their eyes and sighed because of their childish behaviour.

"Let's go for lunch, I'm starving," Tails suggested, and the others agreed. He walked rather quickly towards the cafetaria, followed by Silver, Espio, Shadow and Sonic. Silver frowned curiously because of Tails' hesitant behaviour, but quite soon they found out why he was acting like that. He waved towards a table at the back where the girls from art class were sitting.

Tails smiled brightly and had a slight blush on his cheeks. Silver raised their eyebrows in surprise as they saw Tails kissing Marine fully on the lips before sitting next to her.

"How has your morning been?" Tails asked interestedly as he took his lunch out.

Marine smiled brightly at him, "Well, nothing special," She said with a chuckle, "Yours?"

Silver suppressed a smile at seeing Tails and Marine becoming a real item. Who would have thought?

"Hey, hottie," Sonic said with a grin towards Sally and sat down close to her, so there was enough space for Silver, Shadow and Espio to take a seat as well. Sonic wrapped an arm around Sally to pull her even closer.

They all took their lunches out. Espio looked a bit uncomfortable as he had to sit next to Honey, who carefully moved a little closer to him. Silver's cheeks turned slight colour as they noticed it.

"Hey," Honey said a little nervous.

"Hi," Espio said with full mouth as he just had taken a bite from his sandwich.

Silver looked down at their sandwich, not interested in eating it. But they also packed a few grapes and took one.

"I heard you had fitness this morning," Honey said interestedly.

Espio cleared his throat, "Yes that's right."

"You seem like a real sportsman," She said with a shy smile.

"I was wondering, could we maybe have another go at biology this afternoon?" Shadow suddenly asked Silver to get their attention. "I would like to try and approve my score from yesterday."

Silver turned towards Shadow, "Oh yes, of course," Silver said distractedly. "Maybe when I'm at Physics you could have a go at English and history. Then I will help you after class."

Shadow smiled brightly at them, "You're the best."

Silver smiled awkwardly back at him. He wrapped an arm around them and pulled them a little closer. "You have no idea how much I appreciate all your help." Shadow smiled handsomely at them. He felt in need of affection because of the other couples around them.

Silver blushed brightly as they felt Shadow's arm around them. They looked awkwardly around the table as Shadow held them like that. But Tails was talking interestedly with Marine, Sonic and Sally were almost eating each other's faces, Nicole was scrolling on her phone while eating and Espio was trying to keep Honey at a distance.

Shadow smiled down at them and stroked their quills, "I notice you haven't removed your hair tie," He whispered with a handsome smile. Silver's cheeks turned brighter because of the way Shadow smiled at them. Carefully, Shadow brushed Silver's cheek, "And that little blush of yours makes it just perfect." He bit his lip as he looked down at them. Their eyes twitched as they looked into those deep ruby eyes. They gulped nervously as they felt their heart pounding.