16

KENZIE

"You're kidding," I groan when Logan slowly steps into, what I'm now assuming is his room.

"You called me last night!" Logan sasses back as he crosses his arms over his chest. He doesn't move from in front of the door, it feels like a challenge.

But if I'm at Logan's the likelihood of Summer and Ellie being here is high. And I do not need to run the risk of them seeing me here in this state.

I take a deep breath, dropping my head into my hand, rubbing my temples.  I take a slow breath. I just feel like shit so I'm being a bitch.

"I'm sorry," I mumble then lift my head to look at him, "I'll be honest I don't remember much of last night."

"All I know is you called me fucked up and I came to pick you up," he shrugs, and his body relaxes as he leans back against the door. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know," I sigh, "Why don't you just tell me what happened."

He tells me about picking up at the gas station, and how he forced me to drink water. I don't remember any of what he tells me, I only half remember even calling him.

You always hear stories about girls being drugged but you never expect it to happen to you. And then it does. And there's just no way to make sense of it. I made a stupid mistake last night, I trusted someone I thought I knew. And now here I am.

I sniffle wiping my nose, I can't cry in front of Logan again.

"Can you uhm just take me home?" I push his covers off me and start to stand up but my legs don't work. I catch myself on the bed before I actually fall.

Logan rushes over to me, "Just sit for a little while longer. Did you drink that water?"

"I didn't know what it was, so no, Logan I didn't drink the random cup of liquid in the random room I woke up in," I narrow my eyes at him.

"Jesus, Makenzie! I'm trying to help you!"

I take a deep breath, "I know, I'm sorry."

He doesn't say anything but I know he's looking at me.

"I'm frustrated because I'm better than this. I don't normally let my guard down like this," I sigh slowly sliding back against the headrest of the bed, wrapping my arms around my legs. "And I just, I don't know. I remember having fun with everyone and then getting in the car, and then I blacked out. I only even partially remember even I calling you."

"Do you think..."

I look up at him when he doesn't finish his question. And he looks almost upset but also worried, and I know exactly what he's trying to ask.

"I don't think so, but I don't know." God that's so scary, there's a big chunk of my life I can't remember. And I was with people I don't know too well. Fuck, what if they did?

I feel the tear start to fall and quick wipe it away with my hand.

"I'm sorry," Logan says as his hand meets my leg.

And here comes the tears, I can't stop them as I speak, "I just want to go home and shower. Please."

"You need to eat something, the stuff is obviously still in your system," Logan starts as he pulls his phone from his pocket, "I'll order you something. Summer has a little basket of shower stuff in the hall bathroom, go shower."

"But-"

Then like he reads my mind, "Neither Summer or Ellie are here. I'll deal with the boys. No one knows you're here, I promise."