10

KENIZE

"Kenz!" Summer and Ellie squeal when I let myself in like Logan had told me to in his text.

Yeah uhm so I ended up deciding going out. I decided there's only like two weeks left of summer and I hadn't left the house all day so...why not go out? I mean yolo, right?

I just got to the pregame which is being held at Ellie's parents penthouse, her family is crazy rich. I know I come from a very well off family but my first practice with the dance team Ellie showed up with a Chanel duffle bag. I don't own anything designer.

"Hi," I smile at them. I'm starting to second guess if this was a good idea. Are they gonna think Logan and I are a thing? Because we're not. We're just old friends, sparking up an old friendship. It's nothing more than that.

"How are you?" Ellie comes to hug me.

"I'm good," I hug her back and then hug Summer too.

"Do you want something to drink?" Ellie turns towards the kitchen. I follow her as she opens the fridge which is packed edge to edge with alcohol, the left side is packed with cases of beer and seltzers. The right side is an array of full bottles of top shelf alcohol and mixers fill up the doors.

Ellie turns to look at me, "Pick anything."

"Are you sure?" I ask skeptically.

"Of course! My parents stocked the fridge just for us. Have as much as you want of whatever you want!" Ellie smiles sweetly.

"Thanks," I hum stepping towards the fridge and grabbing the first thing I see, which happens to be some fruity beer.

"Okay also," Summer starts as I step back and pop the tab.

"We just have to ask," Ellie adds with an excited smile.

I look over at them as I take a sip. Mhm it's good, light.

"You and Logan? Are y'all just hooking up? Or is it like serious?"

I choke on my drink. I'm trying not to laugh as I make my way over to the sink while Ellie and Summer watch me nervously.

"No and no," I shake my head looking over at the two girls, "We're from the same hometown, just old friends reconnecting, nothing more."

"Okay," Summer hums as her and Ellie share a look I can't decipher.

"Just be careful," Summer looks over at me, "We probably don't need to say that since you've known him longer then us but still."

"We care about you and don't want you to get hurt," Ellie smiles softly at me, "But we do know people who will rough him up if needed," she laughs.

I laugh too, "I just might take you up on that, thank you."

We all laugh before Summer says, "Okay well I'm happy you came, let's go join the boys!" she smile as she picks up her drink from the counter.

I grab my drink and follow the girls to the balcony. I can hear the boys before I can see them, they're louder than the music blasting through the large apartment.

The boys are playing pong, and Logan's currently taking aim at one end of the table. And of course he looks fucking good, I hate it. The graphic tee he's wearing hangs loose around his frame in the best way, it's fitted around his chest but still flows loose at the bottom over the top of his jeans. And the dark green hat he's wearing backwards makes him look like a douche but somehow he makes it work.

"Don't miss, Evans," I say as we approach the patio.

Logan looks over at me and smirks, "Never."

And then he throws the small white ball, we all watch it bounce off the ring of one of the cups, onto the table and roll off the edge to the floor.