ཌQuality Timeད

To catch up with your sister, you declared that she can decide where to go and what to do. All you need to do was to follow, pay and make her happy.

Stopping in a dessert shop, you asked her what happened after you got kicked out.

"We were obliged to not say a word about that day but somehow it still got leaked out." she started, "Thankfully, they didn't bother me. Mitsuri-san visited me sometimes to check on me and Shinobu-san told me that I could visit her anytime if I feel low."

"That's very nice of them." you said.

"Now it's your turn!" she looked at you expectly, "What exactly did you do?"

"Uhh... Let's just say I searched for hints all across Japan and I met some people who helped me along the way..." you answered.

Her eyes continued looking at you curiously which made you not want to disappoint her.
"Well, I met three guys. One of them is a skillful skin painter, the other one crafts weapons and the last one sells a lot of informations."

"Can I meet them?" she asked finishing the last piece of her dessert.

"When the chance or time comes, maybe," actually you didn't want to drag her in by knowing them but if the time comes where all of the people you know gather and talk about the final plan, then you shall introduce them to her and the others, "you want another dessert?"

"No, I'll get fat if I eat to much." she wiped her mouth clean.

"It doesn't hurt for another one," you handed her the menu, "besides, to me you look thin. How about we both have some cake?"

"Oh? I thought you don't want to eat?" she took the menu from your hand, "Since it's rare to eat with you now, then let's have some. What do you want?"

"You can pick one for me."

As your cakes arrived, you lifted your oni mask only revealing your mouth and you started to eat, "Oh before I forget..." she watched you how you searched for something in your pockets.

"For you." you placed the hairpin in front of her, "Careful, it's sharp." you warned.

"It's beautiful." she said while inspecting the silver hairpin. She caressed the pale green flower decoration on the top with her right hand while her left hand moved further down and as her left thumb touched the very thin sharp tip sightly, her thumb bled.

"I said careful it's sharp!" you handed her a tissue.

"I like it." she said while pressing her bleeding thumb in the tissue, "It's more than an ordinary hairpin."

"Smart as always!" you praised her.

"Can you help me wear it?" she asked and you carefully placed the hairpin in her hair.

After having dessert you two continued walking for a while until you suggested to continue tomorrow.

"Sure, do you have something to do now?" she asked.

"I need to stop at the butterfly estate."

"I'll come too then, I want ro visit the others." she declared.

At the butterfly estate, s/n went to look for Aoi and Kanao while you went to Shinobu's office.
You knocked on her door and after hearing a quiet 'come in' you entered.

"Sorry for showing up unannounced." you apologised beforehand.

"It's alright." she smiled, "don't say you got hurt again."

"No," you said, "but I do need your help. I know that you're already very busy but only you can do it, so I apologise again for adding another job in your list."

"Let me hear it first." she said.

"I need a lot of wysteria poison. And you're the only one I know how to make them." you added.

"Do you changed your weapon or what?" she asked curiously so you showed her your two hidden blades under your hands, "Cool right?"

"Well, it's not a problem at all since I use them too. I just have to do a large amount of them, so it's alright." she agreed, "Now stop apologising so much, it doesn't sound like you."

You smiled nervously, "Thank you."

She threw a bottle of wysteria poison at you which you caught with one hand, "If you need more, just tell Aoi in case I'm not in my estate." she added.

"Thanks Shinobu." you stored it inside your clothes before adding, "I case you need help with anything, feel free to call me."

"Alright, until then I hope you're not busy."

You left her office and went to look for
s/n who was watching the kamaboko squad train while talking to Aoi and Kanao.

"S/n, I'm going home, you coming?" you leaned against the doorframe crossing your arms.

"Y/n-san!" Tanjiro waved at you and ran towards you, "I wasn't able to say thank you last time!"

"For what?" you asked.

He answered, "For defending Nezuko! Did you forget?"

"Ah, no need to thank me. She already proved herself at the wysteria inn. I was only saying the truth at the trial." you simply replied, "By the way, how're you and the others doing now? I heard you met lower moon five."

"We're fine now, thanks." he replied with a smile.

"That's good. Well, my business here is done, goodbye." With that being said you left with s/n following you.

You spent some days training with s/n before she got called out for a mission.
You decided to look at the papers Riku gave you but a knock on the door interrupted you so you stored the papers back in your clothes again.

"Who can it be?" you asked yourself and answered the door.

To your surprise, it was Mitsuri with a basket in her hands and you greeted her.

"Hi y/n! I made some sweets and I thought you could eat them with me. See it as a thank you gift for letting me tag along last time." she explained, "are you free now?"

"I am and thanks," you stepped to the side letting her inside, "Come in."

"This biscuit is good, you made them yourself?" you asked after having another biscuit. They did taste very good.

"Yes, I'm glad you like them." she answered with a smile, "How are you? It's been a while after the small 'journey'."

"Good," you answered, "I stayed home and spent some time with s/n. Feels great after being busy for three years."

"So you didn't have contact with the others?" she asked, "why not?"

"Don't feel like it," you replied honestly, "besides, they thought I was a murderer for three years and now that they know I lied... so I let them sort their emotions first. And I don't want the encounter to be awkward once I meet them. But you were different, you invited to sit with you." at the last part you gave her a small smile, "I was wondering why you called me over. Normally, you should be mad like the others."

She looked away thinking about her next words, "Maybe because I didn't thought you're a murderer? After you left, I didn't really believe it so I just pretended that nothing happened..."

"Hm, I admit it was kind of sudden, maybe I should have made it more dramatic." you said your thought out loud.

"Y/n!"

"Just kidding," you replied with a closed eye smile, "But I really appreciate you telling me this. I feel delighted knowing one of my colleagues think I'm not a murderer."

The chat was exciting and you felt relaxed because you could be yourself again. During the three years where you carry out the secret mission, you played many roles in order to hide your identity and not trouble the demon slayer corps. Finally, you can be at ease for this time being thanks to the love pillar.
At evening, she left after you accompanied her to the door and somehow you felt a bit sad that she left.

Before laying down on your bed, you let out a sigh remembering how you spent the three years as f/i.
'Tomorrow will be a busy day,' you thought before fully closing your eyes and sleep.