ཌThe Returnད

You didn't know why but the boar and the burgundy slayer just won't leave you alone.
While the one asked if you were alright several times, the other always wanted to challenge you and you ended up throwing him across the yard which only boosted his eagerness to fight you.

"Y/n-san, I believe you're not a murderer." Tanjiro said suddenly while smiling which made you to look at him.

"Thank you?" you were a bit happy since he was the first one to believe you, "is it all you want to say?"

"Can I join you?" he asked and you nodded so he sat next you at the edge of the engawa, "I'm very curious how you got these injuries, they look very bad."

"You know soon."

"Why that? I thought you planned to stay quiet about it." he asked.

"I have a gut feeling that you will be on trial because of your sister, and as for me, I have to speak sooner or later in front of the others. Until then, you might listen too." you explained.

"Also y/n-san..." he began.

You: "What is it this time?"

Tanjiro: "The night where you pointed your sword at Nezuko, it wasn't a nichirin sword. Why?"

"Because I left it here and I needed a sword which isn't a nichirin sword." you answered, "no more questions, until your trial you will know more."

During the loud weeks you organised all the informations you gained and added new ones. You also asked the old lady to get you mask since you were planning to hide your face for a while.
Soon, the three young slayers went to their next mission and you decided to tag along.

But in the middle of your way, you realise that you forgot your nichirin sword at the wysteria inn, so you went back to fetch it.

As you arrived at the destination at night where the trio was assigned to, you entered the forest and to your surprise, you met your colleagues again.

"Is that you y/n?" you hear a familiar female voice some distance away from you. You turned to your colleague who was stuck between your other colleague's arm who also recognised your f/c haori.

"It's been a while, Shinobu, Giyu." you greeted them calmly, "and whatever you two were doing, please continue. I'll take my leave."

"Wait what?" they questioned and before they thought about your words any further, a crow interrupted them saying that Tanjiro and Nezuko should be brought back to the headquarters. As for you, they couldn't find you after you left and the crows were also clueless.

-at the trial-

"Also, someone else can also prove that she is harmless," the master of the demon slayer corps suddenly spoke, "someone who we haven't seen for a long time."

"Who?" the hashiras asked.

"Y/n." after Oyakata-sama spoke out your name, you appeared in front of your colleagues bowing at the master still with your mask on.

"Y/n?!" they shouted.

"But he got kicked out!" the wind hashira argued, "he killed a citizen!"

"The question is, did I really kill him?" you turned to your colleague.

"What?" he was taken aback at your question, "He wasn't breathing anymore!"

"Before any of you get more confused," Oyakata-sama interfered, "let me clear thing up. First, the man who we assume is dead did not die in the first place."