ཌCase Oneད

At night, you and Mitsuri hid in the shadows on the top of the auction building with your masks on. Your wore the blank mask while she wore your black oni mask and you also got her a caped hoods to cover her appearance.

You two watched how some figures dashed into the building and after about more than thirty minutes, they dashed out again. You two nodded at each other before jumping down the building and silently following them.

"B-boss, we still didn't find anything..." one demon stuttered while the other two bowed.

"Useless!" the leader shouted in rage.

You didn't even pay attention at their conversation after you realise they were common demons. But how did they know about the auction house?

"Um... Boss, may I ask why that building?" one demon asked and at this you focused at their chat.

"I hate that owner..." the boss gritted his teeth.

'Oh another hater of Riku...' you thought. Riku sold information and rare goods, so there will be always some victim. You informed your colleague that it was time to kill them with a hand sign and she nodded. You left your hiding spot and walked forward, Mitsuri followed suit gaining their attention.

"You let workers of that guy follow you?!" the leader of the demon group shouted.

"There's no need to worry boss," a cocky demon stood up, "it's not like they're slayers."
As the cocky demon turned around, you walked pass him and the demon froze.

"What's wrong?" the other demons asked and the next thing they know, the body of the cocky demon started to fade and his head started to slid away letting the blood drip from their neck.

They splitted up to attack you two but you both easily killed them. "Hm, I expected more..." you mumbled while cleaning your sword, but what caught your interest was the sword of your colleague.

"I like your sword by the way." you commented, sheathing your sword back and you received a smile from the love pillar.

"By any chance, do you like weapons?" you asked her.

"Why?" she asked you.

"While we're here, I'm going to another place. Feel free to tag along as long you won't tell anyone."

It didn't took long when you leaded her underground to the black market. You did inform her that the both of you must use aliases here now and she nodded in understandment. Also you instructed her to hide her sword inside the hood.

Stopping in front of a specific house, you entered without knocking letting Mitsuri in first. After closing the door shut you entered the room and walked around the counter opening another door and you entered with Mitsuri following you. Noboru was working on something so he didn't hear you two so you touched his shoulder and he jumped.

"It's you." he patted his chest to calm his heart down, "You scared me!"

"Sorry," you apologised, "but you didn't hear us."

"Well, you weren't gone that long, f/i,"he crossed his arms," I thought you will come again after some months and I never thought that you'll bring a visitor."

"I didn't plan to come this early," you admitted, "but since I was nearby I thought I could pay you a visit and bring my friend along."

"Mitsuko, this is Noboru, a great smith who can craft more than you can imagine." you introduced him, "And Noboru, this is Mitsuko also a great fighter. You can show her around, just tell me where my orders are."

Noboru showed you where your ordered weapons are before presenting Mitsuko the weapons he made and even mechanical limbs. Now she knows where your left arm came from.

You inspected the work of art in your hands and equipped it on both of your arms. As for the daggers, you stored them behind you between your back and the belt.

You went back looking for them and you saw how Noboru was explaining to her something so you approached them to check what it was.

"A secret weapon very popular for girls since it looks like an ordinary hairpin." Noboru explained, "it's very sharp so it's easy to stab someone with it and you can also add poison if you want."

"Sounds cool." you commented, "Do you have another one, Noboru?"

"Why? Are you also interested in one?" he laughed.

"Stfu, it's not for me." you deadpanned.

"I was just kidding." he continued smiling.

"How much with the two hairpins?" you asked.

You stopped your colleague from protesting as you already pulled Noboru to your side talking about the price and you payed for your items and the hairpin.

"Goodbye and great work again!" you left the shop with Mitsuri who still had the hairpin in her hands.

"There was no need to buy me one, I don't think I will use it to stab someone." Mitsuri protested.

"But you'll wear it, right?" you asked, "see it as a gift from me."

"You could buy a hairpin which is more way cheaper than here at any shop you pass." She argued while blushing but you didn't see it because the two of you wore a mask.

"This hairpin is different. It won't break." you explained, "The weapons he creates have the highest quality. And you don't need to worry about the money, I'm rich."

After leaving the underground's you two continued talking, "How did you exactly meet these people she asked."

"Well, I heard from them and then I tried to get them on my side, it worked." you simply said and after walking for some time, you took off your hood.
"It's safe now, you can take off the hood and mask now."

She returned your oni mask to you wore it after storing your blank mask away.

"How come you still wear a mask at the restaurant?" she asked.

"I don't like when people are staring." you said, "especially kids when they start to scream. After wearing the mask, they stopped."

After another silence, she spoke again, "Y/n, sorry again that I followed you. I know you must have your reasons.... sorry."

"I already said it's alright, do I seem mad?" you gave her a small smile, "To be honest, I liked your company."

You kept looking forward, so you didn't know what expression she had but you continued, "During the three years... It was quite lonely, so I'm especially happy today that someone I know tagged along even though it wasn't planned. Thank you."

Some time passed again, and you two started to run in order to get home soon and rest. As you two arrived at the village where you had noodles before, it was already morning.

"Sorry, I should be more thoughtful." you apologised, "Normally, I don't need to rest, but knowing you tagged along... *sigh* sorry because of me you didn't sleep."

"It's alright..." Mitsuri yawned, "I should have known before I followed you. I'll just sleep now. But I had fun."

"That's good to hear," you scratched the back of your head, "Then rest well."

"Bye!" she smiled at you before going home.

"Hm, I should check on s/n now..."