03.

AMARIS||WELLS

What the fuck... how is that even possible? That what's I've been asking myself the entire day.

I kept trying to wrap my head around the situation but it didn't make any sense. How was Soren able to do that?  From the first time I laid my eyes on him, I knew he wasn't human, it was painstakingly obvious. Well not all of him was human, something was different about him.

I even hate to admit this but he's too beautiful to be from this world. He was too perfect from his face to physical appearance to be from Earth. It was as if a human body had been created and perfection itself had given it life.

I didn't even see Soren for the rest of the day. I kept my head down and was avoiding him. I thought he was doing the same but even his friend, Reid, was looking for him. It seems like he left early.

"How pathetic, he's such a coward" I mutter quietly

My fingers were still numb and even blue after the incident. Even my friend Imani noticed the faint blue marks on my neck that I tried to hide with my hair when I walked into class.

"Amaris! Table 10 needs serving. Hurry up"

I pulled out of my thoughts, not noticing my manager, Marvin, was staring right at me.

"I'm not paying you to sit and space out, I'm paying you to serve so get to it." He said while shoving my notepad and pen into my hands.

Why did I take this extra shift?

"Why are you still standing here, go serve Table 10 before you're fired"

I rolled my eyes and walked right passed him, letting out a heavy sigh. I hated this job, I only worked here because the pay was good and I needed the money. My mom and I weren't that poor, I just didn't want to bother her with pointless things, when we could use the money when times got rough. I gave her half of the money I earned for bills and kept the rest to buy things I wanted.

I headed towards Table 10 and saw a younger girl sitting there all alone. When I approached her she had the brightest smile and her hair was this chocolate brown color. She was pretty.

"Hi, sorry for the wait. Welcome to Buffy Diner, What can I get for you" I said while smiling back at her.

I opened my note pad ready to take her order.

"No problem. I'm just waiting for my brother to come back from the car." She replied calmly.

"Do you want to wait for him?" I asked

"No, it's fine." She replied while shaking her head. "Can I just get two cokes and two of number three's, one with no tomatoes please?"

"Sure that's fine, I have that right out in just a minute," I said as I turned and left.

I could feel Imani's eyes on me and when I turned to look at her, she was wearing the same face she had on the drive to the diner.

She's pissed, I know she is, I would be too if she ignored me when I knew something was wrong with her.

I didn't even have to turn around when I made it to the cook to give him the ticket, to know she was right behind me.

"Come on, syn. Just tell me who did it" she said

The nickname, syn, has stuck around ever since she figure that my middle name is Arsyn.

"Uh," I sighed as I turned around to look at her.

"Not right now, ok?" I said, "I'll tell you later."

"Promise?" She said as she held her pinkie out.

"Promise," I said as I let out a little laugh at her antics and wrapped my pinky around hers.