Matchday Manchester City

Start from the beginning

Game starts
4' Arsenal is starting the game off strong. Creating multiple attacks and having lots of possesion but no dangerous chances yet.

12' Manchester City is countering after a corner. Lauren Hemp sprints away and has lots of space since most of Arsenal was around the box. She passes the ball and it goes perfect into the feet off Chloe Kelly, Kelly controls the ball and shoots from outside the 17 yard. City 1 - 0 Arsenal. Fuck this isn't how we wanted to start this match and definitly not how the game was going so far.

26' I have been marked by Leia Ouahabi since the start of the match. Suddenly I have managed to get away and start running deep as Vic plays me the ball. I make my way towards the back line and pass the ball towards Beth, not even a second after I pass I get pushed from my side and lose my balance causing me to fall over the barrier. Fuck that hurts. I fall on the ground behind it and hear cheering and people frighten around me at the same time. I slowly get up and Beth has scored but she doesn't celebrate and comes over to me. 'Shit y/n that looked nasty, you okey?' Beth asks concerend as the others gather around me 'Im fine' I say as I jump over the barrier again and give the fans a tumb up to let them know I am fine. 'You sure you are okey?' Leah asks concerend as we walk back towards our half 'Yes Le, I promise' I say. I am gonna get her back for this one.

33' Ouahabi and I are starting to get more and more physical against eachother. She has made some dirty tackles after that push which she didn't get booked for but I have done the same.
She has the ball and is running up the field, I come from the side and tackle her. I quickly stand up and grab the ball to continue playing but the referee blows his whistle and shows me a yellow. What the fuck? I got the ball and her but also the ball. Leila is holding onto her knee as the medical staff run up the field to check her. I try to discuss my yellow with the referee but he doesn't change his opinion. Ouahabi can continue playing.

45+1' City loses the ball on the edge off our box, this is our opportunity to get the lead. Leah sends it towards Foord who is running on the right side all the way to the back line. I come running into the box, Caitlin passes it towards me and I simply put it past Roebuck. City 1 - 2 Arsenal. I run to Caitlin while pointing my finger at her 'Foordy' I shout as I jump into her arms.

The half time whistle goes and we go inside. 'Great first half girls keep it up' Jonas says during his half time speech, I get checked by the medical staff because of my fall during the first half but am cleared to continue. We discuss some more tactics on how we could play better in the second half and Jonas expects another goal from me since I play in the number 9 position. When we walk out onto the field Kim walks next to me and says 'Dont let Ouahabi get into your head to much, I knew that was an revenge tackle' I give her a cheeky smile and say 'She deserved that one but I won't do it again' and jog towards my position.

51' Both Arsenal and City start their second half strong, City is looking for the equaliser as Arsenal is looking to extend their lead. I am running on the left flank looking for options, that is when I notice Viv getting away from her opponent. I pass the ball towards her and she takes the shot directly and it flies top bin. 'Yes Vivi' I shout but unfortunatly its rulled offside.

< 32 Kyra Cooney-Cross
> 21 Victoria Pelova

< 23 Alessia Russo
> 9 Beth Mead

67' Arsenal have won a corner. Steph is behind the ball and put two hands in the air before swinging it into the box. I try to head it in but instead of feeling the ball something else hits my head with force. I immediately grab my head as I fall towards the ground. God this hurt like fucking hell. My head is beaming but the pain is softend by the adrenaline that is still running through my body.

I hear the referee blow his whistle a few times hard. I try to get up but all my energy is out of my body. The only thing I can hear are muffled voices and I don't see much more then blurry faces around me. Someone sits behind me and holds my head softly rubbing her tumb over my cheek 'Le? My head' Is all I can get out before everything turns black and the noice around me dissapears.