Volume 1 : Prolouge - Fate.

Arthur Leywin

My core groaned in protest as I completed the God step.

Stomach lurching, I plummeted to the ground, my body crashing into a thick carpet of dry needles.

And for the next couple of seconds, I just started up.

My hand clenched the dirt beneath me, and I slammed my fist endlessly, and a frustrated shout tore free from my throat.

Was this the best choice? I questioned my action as I recalled the Victoriad events in which I had killed Tessia.

"Please Art..." Her words reverbed in my mind as I recalled the moment I thrust the aether sword into her mana core.

'Princess...' Regis said in a worried tone.

Maybe I did the right thing. Since coming into this world, I have been blaming myself for every occurrence. The old me would have considered this to be the most suitable option. Is it too late to go back to how I used to be?

'Wow, you became Emo.' Regies, obviously not reading the room, commented.

I stood up from my place and activated the relic without saying any words. A portal had been made, and I had to escape Agorna's grasp; after all, the grief would come at a more appropriate time and location.

'Aren't you a tough princess?'

Shut up My voice sounded colder than I intended it to be, which seemed to land a critical hit on Regis's feelings.

As I stepped into the portal, I was met with a familiar relictomb—a complete void. By now, I had gotten used to it, even though it brought back memories of the first time when Caera found my half-dead body.

"H-huh? Where am I?" I can still hear her voice.

'Uh, that's because she is right here.' Regis explained.

"Huh?!"

"Huh?"

'Huh?'

Caera gasped as she saw me and took a step backward, and for some reason, Regis, who had a better understanding of the situation, still let out a surprised sound.

'I thought we were taking turns.' He simply said.

Ignoring him, I looked at the Caera. Her face expressed a mix of emotions: fear, confusion, and, for some reason, a warm look hidden deeply within her eye.

"G-grey."

"Arthur. Arthur Lewyin. Grey is just an alias I use while being on this continent." It had been a matter of time before she knew my identity. Having nothing left to do in Alacrya, I decided to come out with the truth.

Now, how would I go back to Dicathens?

'Isn't it obvious? swimming.' Regis answered with sarcasm in his tone.

"I-impossible." The mix of emotions Caera had on her face was now covered with utter surprise. "But Lance Arthur Leywin died... Wait, don't tell me."

"Later, I will explain later." I cut her off. "Right now, if you haven't realised, we are inside a relictomb." As I said, the ground beneath us collapsed, and sunlight began to fill our surroundings.

I felt my body falling towards the ground, and a feeling of nostalgia hit me. Using my aether supersense, I realised that the ground was about 100 metres below us. So I augmented my body with aether, and I quickly realised that Caera could not augment her body.

"Arthur, where are you?" Huh? Is that Caera? Why is her voice different?

Using God's step, I pushed my core even further, and every bone in my body protested, spotting what appeared to be Ceare but was smaller.