20

timeskip

me and leah were getting ready for our wedding. leah stayed the night in milton keynes with her family and im meeting her at the venue. my whole family came from spain. a few of them stayed at our house, some went to dads house and others stayed in hotels.

i had my hair and makeup on. my group of cousins were in my room with me doing their hair and makeup.
abuela, lucia, ana and mateo stayed at ours.

as i was putting on my dress, my cousins left the room.

my abuela helped me zip it up and we stood in the mirror. she had her hands at my shoulders and had a proud look on her face. im her first grandchild to get married.

"if only your mum was here to see you right now" she said.

"she wanted to give you this on your wedding day" she said. she opened a long box and inside was a beautiful bracelet. "she wore it on her wedding and i wore it on mine."

i took the bracelet and put it on my wrist.

my cousins came back in and they all looked at me teary eyed.

"you look beautiful" mateo said. he hugged me.

"thank you handsome boy" i said.

after we were all ready, we got into separate cars and drove to the venue.

when i got there, leah was already there and so were all the guests. i met my dad and he walked me down the aisle. i looked at leah and she stared at me in awe.

once i got to the front, leah gave my hand a squeeze before letting go.
"you look so pretty" leah whispered.

we stood there and took our vows and exchanged rings. leah held my hands and kissed my lips.

"when i actually got to know maría, i realised that she's actually a really sweet girl. for those who dont know, our second ever interaction was her swearing at me and our third was her threatening to punch me" leah said starting a speech. a few people laughed. "if it werent for diego, she probably would have done it. so thanks boss"

"i grew to find comfort in maria. i grew to love her and care for her. she became my person. my soulmate" she continued. "she makes my sadness and pain go away and brings out my joy and happiness. she makes me a better person and i am so thankful for her in my life"

she squeezed my hand and i kissed her lips again.

"when i got to know leah, i felt safe around her. she was someone i could go to with my troubles and vent for hours about my problems and she always listened to me. i fell in love with her and when i saw her with juan and other kids, my heart melted. i knew one day we would get married and have kids of our own and i cant wait to start a family with her." i said.

"i told leah that my mum would have loved her and its true. mum always said that i deserve a partner who treats me like a princess, someone who is always there for me, someone who would drop anything to be by my side. leah is all of those things and more. although sometimes she doesnt seem it, shes the most sweetest person you could ever meet" i said. "i really wished that my mum could have met leah because i think they'd get on really well. i wish she could be here today to watch me take this next step in my life and marry the woman of my dreams"

i had tears in my eyes. leah held my hand again and pulled me into her hugging me tightly.
"i love you princesa" she said quietly.

"shes here" leah said.
"in here" she pointed at my head
"and in here" she pointed at my heart.
"and shes so proud of you. she's proud of the woman you've become and the one you'll become"