“Do you have a partner?” a blonde nerdy looking girl asked, already pushing back a chair.

“Yes” the voice that answered didn’t belong to me. It was low and husky, and very familiar.

“O…oh” the girl stuttered “Sorry”

Blake gave a signature smile that I swear made her swoon. I stifled a laugh as she walked away in a daze.

“So intent on working with me eh?” I joked earning a throaty laugh from him.

“It’s easier knowing I have the same partner for everything” he replied shrugging. I looked up to see Marie staring at me intently, and then winking when she caught my eye. I rolled my eyes, and pulled out my phone open up Temple Run.

I hadn’t noticed Blake staring at my gameplay the whole time, he then shook his head when I fell into the water.

“Amateur skills” he commented dryly, looking around the classroom.

I narrowed my eyes “Oh so you think you can do better?”

He looked at me “Think? Oh I know…”

I handed him the phone “10 bucks you won’t beat my high score” I challenged

He grabbed the phone “You’ll do whatever I say for an hour if I do”

I contemplated “Deal”

45 minutes later, I was gaping like fish “But..How..When…”

Blake threw his arm around my shoulder as we walked out of school grinning to himself “Many years of practice”

I shrugged his arm off, missing the warmth almost immediately “I don’t abide to the rules” I said stubbornly, crossing my arms.

“Oh you don’t?” he came closer, a challenging look in his eye.

I stepped back and shook my head defiantly. Before I knew it, I was upside down, with a great view of his butt.

“Blake put me down!” his chest rumbled as he laughed.

“Tell me you will follow the terms and conditions” he said stopping.

I said nothing.

He continued walking.

“Blake I tell you now, put me down!”

Almost immediately he replied “I will put you down if you do whatever I say for an hour, as promised”

I heaved a sigh “Fine…”

He didn’t put me down, and I smacked his butt. Hard.

He laughed “Didn’t know you liked it rough Renee”

I scowled and squirmed in his grasp “Put me down, the blood’s rushing to my head!”

Soon my feet were planted on the ground, and I didn’t hesitate to smack his arm.

He grinned “I’ll see you tomorrow Renee” he winked and waltzed off, hands in his biker jacket, hair flying in the wind. I swear I was drooling.

“Wait!”

He turned around.

“What am I meant to do for you?”

He smirked “I’ll decide when I’ve thought of something”

I was suddenly, very scared. 

I got home before Marie, and decided to call my parents.

“Hello?”

“Mummy!” I squealed down the line, earning a laugh from her.

“How are you doing honey?”

“It’s alright, I miss you though” I padded across to the kitchen, in search of a snack.

“Anything interesting happen?” she enquired

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying but failing to reach the back of chips on the top shelf “Nope”

She must’ve sensed the distraction in my voice “Renee?”

“Well” I contemplated “I beat someone up, but its fine I apologised”

I could almost imagine her glare “Renee Nicole you did not!”

“He was hitting on me” I defended climbing unto the counter “I got angry”

“That doesn’t make it alright! You’ve been there a day and you’ve already brought attention to yourself, you do what you need to do and get out of there!”

“Well” I mused, happily grasping the bag of Cheetos “I’ve found a lead, dangerous looking vibe about him”

My mother sighed “Please don’t get yourself into a dangerous situation, if you need back up, there’s an FBI branch in Wisconsin, Madison to be precise”

I was almost certain she was searching it up.

“I’m home” Marie screamed unnecessarily from the doorway and my mother laughed.

“She’s so loud”

I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me “She is”

“How’re you managing living wise?”

I sighed, almost regretting calling her “We’re fine, we’ve got the credit card for food and shopping supplies, don’t you worry your pretty little head”

“I just worry about my baby out there”

I crunched on a chip “I’m fine, we’re both fine aren’t we Marie?”

“We’re just dandy Mrs Austin!”

My mother giggled “Well stay safe, no drinking partying or se…”

“Yes mom!”

She huffed “Well if you’re going to be like that”

I laughed “Ill speak to you later”

I hung up and joined Marie in the living room, where she currently sat mindlessly flipping through a teacher’s handout.

“We’re expected to attend meetings” she said exasperatedly “I thought Home Ec was easy to teach!”

“Not everything’s easy Marie” I flipped through the channels, landing on an episode of America’s Next Top Model.

“Don’t you have anything to do” she said glaring

I shot her a sweet smile “Why yes of course, what’s more interesting that watching Tyra Banks ruin a young girl’s dreams?”

She laughed “I’m ordering dinner by the way”

“I wouldn’t expect any less” she hit me round the head, and I squealed, returning my attention back to the girl who was now sobbing hysterically.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not my favourite chapter, but you know...

Next Update: Saturday

Teaser: Project time for Renee&Blake