Vol. 7 Chp. 3: Confronted

Start from the beginning

Eventually, Ryuuen's gaze landed on two unexpected students preparing to leave. They either didn't notice or didn't care that Ryuuen was staring at them. Ryuuen and his men left the classroom immediately after this, making it clear that they were their target. Once they were gone, the tense atmosphere dissipated, and our classmates returned to their usual chatter.

"Hey, that Ryuuen guy looked like he was about to do something unbelievable! It's like I can't believe it, right!?"

"More like they're probably going to do something to Kouenji and Kagurazaka, aren't they!?"

That's right. The ones Ryuuen was after them. And with Ike and Yamauchi at the center of it all, various theories began playing out.

Recently, Kushida has been keeping a low profile and is not as active as before, possibly due to her defeat against Horikita in their confrontation. However, she still talks to other girls about Ryuuen but does not involve herself in any other matter. Horikita, as usual, did not mention anything about Kushida to me.

"Isn't this bad? What happened just now?"

Horikita asked me that while I thought about something unrelated to Ryuuen. Even for Horikita, who wishes to avoid involvement with Class C to the best of her ability, it appears to be an urgent matter.

"Maybe."

Kagurazaka's POV

"Hey, hold it right there, Kouenji, Kagurazaka. Humor us for a bit."

"What is it with you? I don't recall doing anything to make you hinder me like this."

I anticipated Ryuuen would confront me, so I decided to accompany Kouenji. It wouldn't be surprising if the conceited blonde found the situation amusing. Despite Ishizaki being in our way, we didn't try to force our way through.

"You don't get to decide that."

"The same applies to you," Kouenji retorted.

"You remember me, don't you?"

With both his hands in his pocket, Ryuuen moved to stand in front of Kouenji.

"Of course, I remember you. You're Class C's Delinquent-kun, aren't you?"

I'm not surprised that Kouenji would give Ryuuen a nickname and not call him by his name.

"I've turned a blind eye to you back then, but today you're coming with me, you freak."

He glanced at me, "You're coming with us, too."

"Apologies, but I was quite busy," Kouenji's apology wasn't sincere as he brushed his hair.

'Sorry, but I'm going to pass.'

"But I can't pretend I didn't hear that. By 'freak,' are you perhaps referring to me?" Kouenji asked.

"Who else is that supposed to refer to?"

"You could've been referring to Silent-kun," Koenji said.

"But if you're referring to me, that is an incomprehensible statement, but that's all water under the bridge. Because I happen to be a tolerant person, you see. But I have a date after this, so let's wrap this up quickly, shall we?"

I'm not surprised that's his main priority.

"That's a shame. But you're going to have to reschedule that."

"So you won't withdraw?"

"What'll you do if we don't?"

Kouenji crossed his arms as though thinking it over but immediately split them back up.