07

୨୧

The next day, Yi-chan came running towards Ha-neul, insisting she come with him to a specific place, supposedly the ''new room'' where the band would practice. Upon arrival, Se-kyeong already was there, and shortly after, Eun-gyeol and Cheong-ah joined in.

Eun-gyeol wasn't pleased seeing Se-kyeong and Ha-neul togheter, prompting him to pull Yi-chan aside to talk, clearly upset. Meanwhile, the rest engaged in conversation, leaving Cheong-ah and Ha-neul deeling uneasy.

Suddenly, Eun-gyeol and Yi-chan entered, visibly tense. Eun-gyeol grabbed Ha-neul's hand and said ''Let's talk for a moment, Ha-neul''

''What are you up to?''Yi-chan interjected.

 Ha Eun-gyeol mentioned the talent trial in visual and graphic design: ''We're testing your skills, especially in editing and visual design to reflect the band's identity. I suggested Cheong-ah as our designer. We're evaluating our recommendations. I hope you'll give us a chance to see your talents. Moreover, we've never had any conversation. I can't work with someone I know without talking to them,'' Eun-gyeol expressed firmly.

With sarcasm, Ha-neul replied, ''Sure, I can start with you if you want.'' It was evident from her expression how much she disliked the situation.

Ha Eun-gyeol then grabbed Ha-neul's hand again to lead her away, which bothered Yi-chan.

''Hey, you have a bike, right?'' the guy asked as they stepped outside.

''Well, how charming. You seem like a stalker. And what's with t? Do you want me to teach you how to ride a bike too?'' she retorted.

''No, we don't go far. I'll ride the bike, we'll get a disposable camera, and we'll be outdoors. I found a spot for the session. You'll do your things, and I'll be the judge. Deal?'' he proposed.

The young pair headed towards the bike. Midway, they abruptly stopped; the bike's tire had gone flat. 

''Oh no, my bike! What have you done to my bike!'' she exclaimed, bending down to inspect the wheel. Darkness was setting in.

''Let's leave it here and go to the main street. We can still catch the last bus'' he suggested.

''Wait, wait, are you even listening? The bike, you've deflated my bike, you know?'' she remarked.

''Hey, it's alright, it's not a big deal. You'll have it good as new by tomorrow, I promise,''H

e reassured her. Before she could respond, a passing car caught their attention. They shouted for it to stop, but it continued on its way.

Finally, they walked until finding a bench. Both were in an uncomfortable silence.

''Hey, do we know each other?''she asked. The guy denied it, looking confused.

''So why do you find me so unpleasant?'' she asked.

''What? No, that's not it,'' he denied.

''Yes, it is. Every time you look at me, it's as if I'm the worst person you've ever met. Is it because of Yi-chan? You know, I've been thinking, maybe you want me away from Yi-chan because you're jealous, maybe you like him. Is that it?''she questioned.

''What?! No, no, no, oh my God, why does everyone think that?'' he exclaimed, utterly horrified.

''Then what's the reason if it's not that?'' she persisted.

''Just stay away from him,'' he insisted.

''But what if my feelings won't let me?'' she pretended to doubt, trying not to smile too much to keep the act believable.

''Wait, do you like him?'' he asked, his voice tinged with terror.

''Yes, i like him''she confessed, a smile ready to burst forth. My god, your face! Why so scared? What if I actually fall for him?'' the girl joked.

''That won't happen because you'll distance yourself. He's destined for someone else'' he replied.

''Destined for you then?'' she asked, a trace of mockery in her tone

''How amusing!'' he said sarcastically

''I don't think you can fight feelings. They're beyond our control. Listen to me now: stay away from Se-kyeong because you're not meant for her. You wouldn't, considering your feelings for her'' the girl said.

''Hey, I don't like her,'' he defended himself.

''I didn't say that in any moment.'' she said.

The guy remained silent for a moment. 

''Wait a second, now that I think about it, how do you know who's destined for him? Are you from the future? If so, then I want you to check mine too. Who am I destined to be with?'' joked the girl. 

''You wouldn't understand,'' said the guy, ''You won't be destined for anyone. You'll remain alone forever,'' he teased.

''Ouch,'' exclaimed the girl, clutching her heart in jest, playing along with his banter.

Finally, the youngsters decided to leave. The two were walking in an awkward silence, making the journey seem infinitely long, until they finally reached the girl's place. She expressed her thanks before heading inside.

୨୧