01

୨୧

୨୧

Ha-Neul was strutting her stuff toward the library, absolutely certain about the book she was about to nab. Upon arrival, she made a beeline for the shelf where her literary treasure resided. But before she could grab it, a cheeky guy with a smile in him face blocked her path.

''I was on the hunt for this book before you even knew it existed, so it's practically engraved with my name'' The guy proclaiming.

''Oh, come on, I got here earlier than Old Man Time himself, so this book practically has my DNA on it'' Ha-Neul retorted.

The dispute continued, and they engaged in a tug-of-war reminiscent of a showdown over the last slice of birthday cake at a party,

''Look there! A unicorn!'' Ha-neul dramatically pointed behind the guy and exclaimed. The guy, clearly intrigued, turned his head to spot the imaginary unicorn, and Ha-neul seized her chance to bolt with the book, sprinting though the library.

The guy quickly caught on the ruse and started chasing her. Chaos erupted in the library as the librarian desperately pleaded for them to return the book.

Finally, Ha-Neul stopped, gasping for breath but clutching the book like a trophy.

''This book is mine, and I'll read it first. Maybe, if you behave, you can take a peek.'' she declared with determination.

''Look, i'll read it first and then i'll tell you all the spoilers, deal?'' the guy responded with a mischievous smile

''Look, Yi-Chan, I'll read it first, and then maybe i'll let you have a turn, alright?'' Ha- Neul pointed to him name tag on him uniform and said with a smile.

''See, I'm delighted that you're agreeing with me.'' She didn't give him a chance to respond, and before that, she leaves to return to the library and apologizing to the librarian for the earlier sprint.

But the guy didn't give up and followed her again. The two of them continued to tug on the book.

''Neither of you will be reading it in this state'' The librarian finally intervened and snatched it away.

''See what happens when you interfere? Now neither of us will read it. If I had read it, we could have become friends and I could have told you what it was about. Are you happy now?'' Ha-neul said frustrated before leaving.

After that, she returned home, where she encountered her parents, who only asked her how her day went and if she had studied well. She then headed up to her bedroom.

The next day, as she was on her way to high school, she stumbled upon a group of students gathered around a girl and a guy. The girl was Se-Kyeong, incredibly popular and stunningly beautiful, with a beauty that seemed out of this world. The guy, Ha-neul, recognized him immediately, he was the same guy with whom she had argued over the book the previous day.

He was confessing his feelings to her, telling her that he had formed a band for her and asked her to come see it. Se-Kyeong didn't seem very pleased with the proposal and agreed with a set conditions: he had to know how to play an instrument, he shouldn't be part of an already successful band, and she would choose the song. He agreed enthusiastically, thrilled that she had given him a chance.

The guy noticed someone was watching and raised his gaze, immediately recognizing Ha-Neul. She simply rolled her eyes and walked away.

The next morning, after classes, Ha-neul decided to take a leisurely stroll. Suddenly, someone stopped her.

''What year is it?'' the guy asked, looking visibly terrified.

''In the year 2050, didn't you know?'' she replied, finding the question rather absurd. But upon seeing the look of terror on his face, she added ''We are in the year 1995, what year will be in if not?

Before he could respond, Two guy approached to him. One of them was none other than Yi-Chan, a coincidence to keep running into him everywhere. He shot her a glance before turning his attention to the guy. Ha-neul didn't understand what they were saying, but when Yi-chan introduced himself to the boy, the boy responded, ''Dad?''

Ha-neul couldn't help but burst into laughter.

''Are you really his dad?'' She said, while still laughing. ''Oh, my god, you are really have a son.

''What are you laughing at? Do you find this amusing?'' Yi-Chan asked.

''Very much. I'll leave you two to continue your father-son conversation'' She said, walking away amidst giggles.

୨୧