Chapter XII - The Prodigal Son

Start from the beginning

"If you want to leave and just live as normally as possible, I won't stop you, or blame you. Hell, I will envy you."

"Oh, please, Cap, how many times I have to tell you I am in this for good and bad." Smiled Sam.

"I'm still waiting for the good part." Smirked Bucky but he nodded at Steve.

"What about us?"

"Us, huh?"

"Do you mind, Victor?" She asked in his mind, but her face showed a slight smirk.

"Not at all. I am just happy you think so seriously about me."

"Of course, I do, darling. Now we need to give them an answer. They are staring at us."

"Are you guys doing those mind reading shenanigans?" Smirked Clint.

"They can read minds?!" Shrieked Scott.

"Volume man." Groaned Sam.

"Hiding your ears won't work, Scott." Teased Natasha.

After a few more seconds of silence where Victor and Wanda discussed everything in the privates of their psyche, they finally responded.

"We still want to help." Everyone listened in. "Despite the Accords, or maybe because of them, we can't turn our backs on everything." Said Victor.

"But we also want to settle it. After Sokovia I, I mean we, feel like all we do is just run endlessly and react to problems." Added Wanda, her ringed fingers played with the silver bracelet. "We would like to start building something for a change."

"You know this won't be easy, right? Settling in one place is not really an option for wanted fugitives. Unless you stay here?" Natasha tiled her head; however, her red lips curved into a small smile.

"Actually, I know a place where Ross won't be able to touch us. Unless he coheres sorcerers from Kamar-Taj, which will never happen." Victor smirked. "We go back to my home."

Several hours later.

Faust's family estate, Poland.

Wanda Maximoff's POV

After heartwarming goodbyes and promises to keep in touch, Wanda and Victor stood in the middle of a green field. The wind kept rustling the nearby trees. Wanda scooped out hair from her face and put it into a ponytail.

"I'm waiting for you to explain, darling. Unless we are supposed to sleep under the stars?"

"That sounds like a wonderful date, but not today." Victor mused and took two steps forwards. He raised his fist and held it in front of him. The silver signet on his finger started to glow with bright golden light. Slowly, the air in front of them started to visibly crack like a mirror. The webbing of cracks spread out both high and wide. Finally, the cracks lifted and what was previously an empty field was now a place where a manor with white walls and black rooftop stood. Victor sighed and opened the iron gates. He theatrically bowed to her.

"After you, my Lady." Wanda giggled.

"Why thank you, kind Sir." She entered the manor grounds. They started to walk through a small path made of tiny rocks. On each side of the road grow dry rose bushes that were in complete disarray. "Was this some kind of illusion? I didn't know you can do that."

"Because I can't. My grand grandfather cast the illusion. The family signet allows lifting off the spell and enter the manor grounds. I can do something like this with one wall at best. Illusions aren't my specialty." Wanda looked at the black and brown bushed that must have been beautiful one day. Once they reached the house, Victor opened the front door with a loud creek and turned on the lights.