All In

Pulled from the archives for Moo -- Happy Birthday!! Hope your next year is amazing. 

"Excuse me," Robert said to the woman standing in front of him. To her disappointment, he muttered those two words and walked away without a second look.

He couldn't remember the friendly woman's name, but Ari had introduced her as someone important. With yet another fundraising gala in full swing, he'd smiled and made obligatory small talk with Seattle's Elite for longer than he cared to. He hated these things, but it was a requirement for getting back to Battalion Chief so he'd tolerate it for now.

Sweet relief coursed through his insides at the sight of the woman he really wanted to see.

She was here.

They'd argued last night and it had been radio silence since. He'd been unsure where things stood with them now. It was mostly his fault and he knew it. Despite the past two months of work on their relationship and couples counseling, he'd been scared and started closing himself off again. Andy had called him out which was confronting and made him feel defensive.

It was on him to fix it.

Andy's long loose waves had been smoothed and pulled to the base of her neck in a sleek ponytail. She wore a black off the shoulder mermaid cut dress. A side slit showed off her incredible legs. She knew she looked good and the expression on Robert's face made all her work for perfect hair and make up that day totally worth it.

Her lips curled upward slightly in appreciation of him in a tux. He was always handsome and completely devastating in a suit...but this, this was something else all together. It would take every ounce of self control Andy had not to throw herself at him.

"Hi," she whispered, nerves lacing her voice.

"I wasn't sure you'd still come," Robert said hesitantly with warm eyes.

"I was." Andy said plainly. "I've made the mistake of not having your back before and I won't do that again. Fighting, not seeing eye to eye... I will always show up for you." She added with a gentle determination.

"I'm sorry." Robert said softly.

Looking up into Robert's chestnut colored eyes, Andy put a finger to his lips. "You don't have to apologize..." Cupping his cheek briefly, she continued, "I get it."

And she did. She'd hurt him and he was trusting her again. He'd also hurt her and she was scared too... of so many things, but none of those things were bigger than her love for him. None of those things were going to make her run, because she knew they were worth the risk.

"You were right..." Robert said, looking away briefly. When he found Andy's gaze again he continued. "I'm kinda terrified... but I also love you. It would be the biggest regret of my life if I let you walk away. So... come hell or high water, I'm all in."

When he saw Andy's smile and subtle nod, he knew they were on the same page.

Leaning in, Robert caressed his wife's cheeks just before capturing her lips. He took his time giving her gentle kisses, his tongue whispering out and tasting her mouth before retreating. He wanted to do so much more, but that would have to wait.

"You in a tux is the stuff dreams are made of. How am I supposed to resist you all night?" Andy questioned as their lips separated. He was looking at her with that gleam in his eyes that did things to her insides.

"I should be asking you that... you look incredible," Robert whispered against her temple before placing a soft kiss there. He held her close at the small of her back and breathed deeply. Them, this moment... it all felt so right.

Andy knew them...it wouldn't take much convincing, on either of their parts, to get each other to skip out on the formal event, make love and eat Chinese take out from the cartons. They'd spent months apart and as they'd been rebuilding and working on things had decided to keep sex off the table so they didn't get distracted.

Exercising her willpower she pulled away slowly and said, "C'mon...you can't bail early. You just got your job back. We'll stay. You can ply me with champagne, dance with me and when you've shaken enough hands, take me home. We've got some makin' up to do."

Robert flashed her a sexy grin, "Deal." He leaned in and kissed her once more, before taking her hand and walking her towards the dance floor.

Thank you all for reading! Hope you're doing well. Send prayers and good vibes for the muse so that we can finish Chapter 5 of Nobody But You!

xx, Ashley