mi casa es su casa

Y'all i'm considering giving up on this story. If one person wants me to continue, i'll gladly do it for that person<3 but until that someone notifies me, i'll take a break from it.

Although i was wearing a gigantic helmet, the engine of his bike still yelled clear and proud in my ears. I kept my arms tightly latched around his waist as i watched the buildings speed by us over his shoulder.
A smile played at my lips, caused by the overwhelming excitement that shivered through my whole body like electricity. My eyes sparkled at the cars hurrying by us. I have only known this man for a few hours, but i felt protected in his grasp like this. I allowed my head to rest on his shoulder and i closed my eyes in satisfaction and let the headlights run by us on the darkened road.

-

I shook my hair back into its natural placement after pulling the helmet off. He locked his bike and as he looked up at me, he stopped. He was staring, lightly playing with his keys in his palm. I leaned my head a bit to the side and with a playful grin, i asked: "what are YOU staring at?" I treaded towards him, but even when i was merely inches away from him, he didn't move. I placed the helmet on the back of his bike and looked through the visor to his charming eyes.

His silence made me nervous. "...what?" I chuckled tensely. I felt intimidated by his big, strong figure towering over me like this. Especially with the helmet on. However, it wasn't a bad intimidation.

"Did you always have your hair down?" His voice messaged through the helmet.
I took a hand to my hair. "No, it was in a ponytail before. Work rules." I explained carefully from under his chin.
"It looks good like that." His husky voice told. Then he broke out of his determined pose and removed his helmet.
"Thanks.." i replied, a bit confused.

"C'mon" he said and took my hand. As we immediately started walking, i quickly looked around. Other than the parking lot filled with fancy vehicles, we were surrounded by a beautiful garden with little bushes, statues and small trees in a sea of flowers. "Where are we?" I wondered out loud as i continued scanning the mesmerizing sight in front of me.

"My backyard." He replied calmly. My jaw dropped at those words. I couldn't take my eyes off the sight.
"What?!" I quickly switched my head to him, then back to the most gorgeous bird fountain i had ever seen. It was decorated with little stone leaves and berries. Most likely hand-carved.
"...what?" He repeated.
"You live here?!" My amusement was not hidden in the tone of my voice.
We walked under a little archway of ancient cream-white stones. Vines grabbing the bricks and reaching a few flowers with it. We had entered some sort of maze with low and tall hedges, benches and more statues of nude people and angels. In the middle of this mini garden, was a beautiful faucet with little angels sitting on the top and watching over the garden. They all had an individual instrument, accompanied by a few doves. The gentle sound of water dancing down in the bigger pool was the most angelic about it though.

I gawked at the tall piece of art.
A soft breeze made its presence in my hair and skirt. "You coming?" His voice sounded a few meters away from me.
"Yea..." my mouth stayed open as i walked his way.
He held out the biggest key i had ever seen and with a swift movement, he unlocked the brown oakwood door in front of me. The handle of it was a big metallic circle. The kind you'd see in an 1800's church. He grabbed it and opened further into the secret garden.
"Ladies first" he smiled at me. I peaked inside.

A small plot with tall trees forming a transparent roof of green leaves surrounding a particularly strong giant tree in the middle. One that had been well used in the past, relived childhood memories and secrets. In the crown, was a dilapidated treehouse. With a single window and boards hammered on the way up the body of the tree. From a thick arm, hung a wide swing, patiently waiting to be reused after so many years.
I stepped inside, carefully adjusting to the little corner of his prideful garden. He closed the door behind him.
I giggled and took my hands to my mouth. "This is amazing, h/n!" I walked around myself as i payed attention to every tree and vine.
"I'm glad you like it." He shyly replied. I sat on the swing hanging from the tree and looked up at the house above me.

"Did you grow up here?" I asked curiously, keeping my eyes on the little house.
He carefully walked behind me. "I did. I used to come out here when i was in a bad mood." He informed while eyeing the same as i.
"aww. Did you build it?" I asked and looked up at him. His warm eyes calmly looked back into mine. "No, my dad and his employees did." I let the back/top of my head rest on his stomach. My neck hurt a bit by this position but i cared not.
"Well, that's nice of him." I smiled. He grabbed the ropes of the swing firmly.
"I suppose. Do you mind if i?" He motioned to the swing and i nodded. "Please do." I positioned myself a bit more comfortably and grabbed the ropes too as he slowly pushed me forward. His big hand placing itself on my lower back every time i returned to him. I smiled, my smile grew into a chuckle as i flew higher and higher above ground. I could tell he was smiling behind me too.

"Where are you gonna work now?" He started. And just at those simple words it struck me. I had completely forgotten about everything that happened. Panic spread as realisation hit. My new apartment was barely affordable because of the restaurant job. That's why i moved out from my shared one with Sally. Oh my god. Where am i gonna live?

"Uh.." i stammered and he stopped pushing me. "What's wrong?" He asked and tried to stop the swing. "I-i don't know. Stop the swing." I rambled and he did. I hopped off and started pacing back and forth. "Shit, shit, shit. What am i gonna do?" I mumbled. The humiliation in having to return to that tiny apartment with Sal was overwhelming. What was i gonna tell my parents? I was so proud of this job. And they were too.
His eyebrows collided in worry as he walked closer to me. "i'm sure you'll find a job somewhere, don't worry." He tried.

"No- i mean yes, i know, but th-that's not the problem." I panicked and took my hands to my head. I smeared my fingers over my face, wishing it would make me melt into the surface of the earth. I groaned in frustration.
"What's the problem?" The innocence in his confusion was sort of adorable, but i was not in the mood for swooning. I looked at him with serious eyebrows.
"I don't have anywhere to live. I can't pay up my place." I frowned.

He took a moment to scan my expression, then the ground for a bit. He thought hard about my situation, before coming up with a solution. One that i did not see coming at all.

"Come live with me then."

My eyes widened slightly at his words. "Wh-?" I barely spoke.
"It's sort of lonely living in such a big house by myself. I could use the company. It won't cost you anything either, don't worry about that." He continued.
My heart started racing at the thought. What was he thinking? It was however intriguing i had to admit...

"That's... very generous of you. But you don't know me. Are you sure you want that? I kinda snore. And i hate cleaning." I warned with a gulp.
His soft, comforting eyes smiled down at me as he chuckled. Oh, my heart couldn't beat harder for this man. "I have cleaning maids. And as far as i know: you seem like a nice girl." He spoke.
I slowly took in his words. This is crazy. But i don't really have any better options.

My shaking voice sounded again as i fiddled with my hands. A warmth spread inside me.
"Well, if you really don't mind... i would love to stay with you. Just until i have enough to buy my own place." I answered sweetly.
He took a step forward. "Perfect." He looked so handsome in the faded light from the lamps hung  on the stone walls.

"Let me know if you need help with moving in."
I nodded with a smile. My stomach finally relaxed. "I will." I couldn't help it. I once again swung my arms around him and embraced him as a thanks.
After a few stunned seconds from him, he placed his arms around my back as well.
"You have no idea how much this means to me." I whispered into his chest. And in all truth, he was my miracle at that moment. I was, however unaware, and most of all unprepared for the exciting chain of events followed up by this sudden decision.