an exciting evening

What a funny girl i thought to myself as i watched her stroll back into the staff doors, almost tripping over her own feet on the way.
I let my chin rest in my right palm, my elbow lying next to my plate.
I gazed through the giant window next to me, watching the miniature figures walk around in their own worlds, living their own lives. The ground was roughly 17 meters down, the evening beach packed with happy people running around with their loved ones. I suddenly felt a small sadness sneak through me. Oh, to live their lives. The life of a commoner, surrounded by family and friends. Having a lover you know love you for who you are, and not your money. Someone to be there for you no matter what. I knew each and every one of them happy persons down there had felt that true love, whether it was from a mother, a friend or a wife and i envied each and every one of them for it.

Suddenly, a thought struck my head. i would be riding home, alone, in a dark car.
Unless.
I lifted my head from my hands by another thought passing. An idea popped in my head and a plan was made.
I took my brand new phone out of my pocket and went into contacts.
I clicked on 'Wes, bodyguard.' And let it ring.
"Good evening, h/n." He said flatly.
"Hey, Wes. Can you bring the bike to 'royal red dining' ? Oh, and bring an extra helmet and a pair of gloves." I ordered.
"What for, sir?" He questioned nosily.
"That is none of your business. I pay you to do as you're told, not to ask why." I stated roughly. "Guard it until i'm done. Thank you, Wes." I added and hung up.

- back to y/n's pov -

i carried the vase with roses, rearranging them slightly as i pushed my back against the staff doors, forcing them open.

"Ay! New girl! How's it going?" Camille asked intriguingly, with a surprisingly nice tone.
"Uh, good. I'm gonna hand him these and talk later. Said he's very impatient." I smiled.
"Did you tell the cooks?!" Her voice twice as loud.
"uhm... not yet." I said and hurried away before she could curse me out.

"Excuse me could we get him some water here" a seemingly annoyed elder lady asked after tugging at my apron when i walked by their table.
"Of course. Give me a minute." I replied and kept walking. A few seconds later a man asks me for a refill. "Right away, sir!" I assured, keeping my preference at table 12. "Miss, we've been ready to pay for about half an hour now, ca-" it sounded from my left. "I'll be right back." I said, straining my teeth together. I started walking faster as to not take more requests.
"Excuse me." A man said not far from his table.
"IN A MINUTE." I shouted.
oops.
The whole restaurant quieted.
At least 30 people turned their heads to me, waiting for a reaction.
I swallowed as my eyes darted from one face to another, then landed on Camille, staring me dead in the eyes from across the room. The flames in her eyes screamed "you're fired." And she didn't even have to tell me upfront. I knew she'd had enough of me.

"Uhmn. I mean... in a minute... sir." I stammered, overwhelmed by the attention. I slowly turned on my heel, staring at the roses in my hands and thus the sounds of forks and knives hitting plates and distant chattering started again.

"Are you alright?" A charming voice sounded a few feet away.

"Hm?" I looked up.
His dark brown eyes squinted at me under his hair. His left hand was playing with the knife again. The meat knife.
His other hand lightly touched his bottom lip, then fell back onto the headrest of his chair as he spoke again.
"I said," he put the knife down. "Are you alright? That man seemed to bother you, no?"
The way he looked at me gave me some sort of comfort. As if I had known him for my entire life. He seemed awfully unapproachable, especially since he's of way higher class, however there was something about him that just made me feel like I could say anything, like i could talk to my hearts desire and he would look at me with those eyes and just listen...