Prologue 3: Sightseeing

Two shadows, casted by the sun, walk down a grassy dirt path that leads a little away from the borders of Mistral. One of the shadows, slightly taller than the other, is seen almost dragging the shorter one. The shorter one, female; The other, male.

???: Where are we going?

The female voice demands.

??? 2: You'll see!

The male voice said eagerly.

???: You don't need to drag me, I have legs too you know.

??? 2: Oh yeah. (Letting go of their hand) Sorry about that, Liv. Do you want me to carry you?

Liv: (Laughing) No, I can walk. But thanks.

As the two continue down the path, Liv looks up at the sky, admiring how clear and beautiful the day is for a walk, but that quickly subsides as her attention draws back to the young man and asks him a question.

Liv: Okay, Brans, I really want an answer this time. Where ARE we going?

The young man gives her a glance and just smiles before answering.

Brans: You'll just have to wait and see.

Liv: (Scoffs) You've told me that several times now, (Bumps Brans' elbow) come on. Tell me!

Brans: Nope! It's a surprise, you don't want me to spoil it, do you?

Liv: Yes, please tell me!

Brans: No.

Liv: That's the only thing I'm gonna get from you, is it?

Brans: ...Yes.

Liv groans out of frustration. This causes Brans to begin laughing.

Liv: You're doing this on purpose.

Brans continues to laugh, not even hearing what she had said, and after a minute passes Brans finally begins to stop his laughter, seeing how annoyed Liv is getting.

Brans: Don't get upset, you'll just have to wait and see it when we get there.

Liv: Right...

She sighs, knowing she isn't getting the answer she wants and continues walking down the path with Brans is silence for the next several minutes. As the minutes pass by, the two come across a big beautiful looking lake, Liv seeing this decides to break the silence with a question.

Liv: (Nudges Brans' elbow) Hey, hey Brans, is that it?

Pointing to the lake off from the path, Brans peaks over to the lake and simply shakes his head.

Brans: No, but it's quite the sight.

Walking further down the path, they come to two diverging paths, one continuing forward and the other cutting off to the right. The two stop at the paths.

Liv: (Looking up to Brans) How far out is this place?

Brans: Not too far. We cut to the right, go through an open field and finally through some woods.

Liv: Wait really?

Brans: Uh, yeah.

Cutting off to the right, they walk on down the path and just minutes later, the field can be visible up ahead from the tree lines that cover both sides of the dirt path.

Brans: See the field is just up ahead. Once we cross that, we'll be home free!

Liv: I sure hope so...

Suddenly, two Beowolves dropped down from the trees, both setting eyes on Brans and Liv and growling. Brans and Liv both stop in their tracks at the sight.