Prologue 1: A Town's Destruction

Prologue of a new story. Enjoy!

It's a bright sunny day over a small town, birds chirping and people going on their day to day lives. A young boy is seen practicing with a wooden training dummy in his backyard, he whacks and slashes the dummy for a minute until jumping onto its head and leaps backward, with his sword changing into a rifle as he lands, blasting three holes into the dummy before dashing forward, changing the rifle back to the sword and beheading the dummy. The boy sighs, wiping sweat off his head before reaching behind him to sheathe his sword. A somewhat older man comes outside of the house holding a few envelopes in one of his hands and walks down the steps into the yard.

Imp: Mail's here! And one with your name on it. (Handing the envelop the boy) I bet we both know what that is for. Open it.

The boy rips open the envelope, pulling a piece of paper out it; Unfolds and starts reading a letter.

Imp: Well? What's it say?

The boy holds up his finger, continuing to read the letter. Eyes going back and forth as he reads. When he finishes reading, a big smile grows on his face.

Imp: Well?

Colt: I... have... been... ACCEPTED!!!

The boy cheers in joy, so happy to be able to go Beacon Academy; The school he's been wanting to go to as far as he can remember. Colt's father brings him into a small hug then patting him on the arm.

Colt: I- I can't believe it!

Imp: Believe it, son. I was the same way when I was in your shoes.

The two walk up to the back porch and sit down on two chairs with a table in between. Colt keeps on staring at the letter; Smiling and surprised that he had been accepted.

Imp: I'm proud of you, Colt. I remember when I went to Beacon Academy, met new people, got a team, obviously, some of those new people became close friends. (Looks to Colt) You'll be doing those exact same things.

Colt: I... I just wish mom was here for this.

He sighs depressingly, Putting the letter on the table.

Imp: But she is here. She may not be right here but she's with us. Looking down to us, smiling, happy to see what you've become. She never doubted you and your abilities.

Imp looks to the slightly clouded skies, smiling.

Colt: You know, you don't have to get all philosophical on me. I know she's with us (Shrugging his shoulders) in some way.

Imp: Hah, you think that's philosophical? Just wait till you meet Professor Ozpin, he was that and a little ominous.

Colt: If you say so. I'm gonna get back to training.

Imp: Alright, but if you need me, I'll be up town. Just give me a call if you do.

Colt is seen walking back down to the wooden training dummy but stops halfway; Turning around to face his father, who's opening the backdoor.

Colt: Hey dad?

Imp: (Turning around) Yeah?

Colt: Do you... (Looks away) Think I'm ready to go to Beacon?

Imp: Of course you are, what kind of question is that supposed to be? (Walking down to the yard) You passed the test, you've been training for so many years and now you're wondering if you're ready?

Colt: It's just... I haven't even unlocked my Semblance yet. All my other friends have, but not me.

Imp: (Chuckles) I would say I was in the same position, but I'd be lying if I said that.