"We will let our future leaders mingle for a little before we go on our run. There will be no harassment of any kind." With that my dad makes his way off stage followed closely by Alan and Robin.

I feel a small nudge and follow them off stage with Luke and Oliver behind me. No one says a word as we walk. I guess everyone was still in shock by what my dad had said and by me being announced Alpha.

Once we get down we go our own ways to talk to people. Avery pushes her way over to me and grabs me in a tight hug.

"I knew it! It's about damn time a girl is in charge!" Avery yells. Her blonde hair is put into a lose braid that looked good with her black shorts and light blue top. The blue in her shirt makes the blue in her eyes pop out even more than normal.

All I can do is smile. I'm not sure how to answer her.

"Well I'm going to let you get going on your first duty. Just do me a favor and don't forget about all us little people." she winks and walks away leaving me to face everyone alone.

It seems like everyone wants to talk to me tonight. One person would walk away, another would fill their spot. They ask questions such as "what do you plan on changing when you take over?" and statements like "you will make a fine leader for us."

The younger people seem to be more willing to except change whereas the older generation gives me dirty looks. One older man even has the nerve to come up and tell me that females shouldn't be Alpha and that I would be the destruction of our pack. Way to help my nerves.

Colton is the next to come to me. He must have either heard the man or read it from my face. "Don't let whatever that old man said to you bring you down."

"Thanks. I just have to get use to some not liking the fact that I am a girl." I give him a shy smile.

He looks me up and down, taking in everything. "I forgot to tell you before just how great you look. But I guess I shouldn't be talking that way to my future Alpha."

"Again thanks. You don't have to treat me any different. So, you think of yourself as part of the pack now?"

"Yeah, I do. But I'm not looking forward to this run that everyone is excited talking about. I won't be able to go so I'll be left alone at this huge house." He looks kind of sad.

That gives me an idea. I don't know why I didn't think of this before! My face lights up, "I have an idea. Follow me! Also, this huge house is the pack house. It is where I live and some of the other pack members." I tell him as I drag him through the crowd by his arm.

I stop moving suddenly when my hand starts to tingle. I look up and meet Colton's green eyes. He feels the tingling too. I let his arm go and continue to stare at my hand and his arm. This has never happened before. I'll definitely have to ask about it but now's not the time. We must find my dad before the run. I start walking again this time without touching him.

We weave in and out of groups of people. Finally, I find my dad talking to Jessica and some others. I run up to them with Colton right behind me and they all stop talking and look at me.

"Dad can I please talk to you for a moment." I motion to the side of the house.

He nods once and follows me.

When we get where no one can over hear I turn to face my dad. "I was thinking about the run and how Colton won't be about to go along with us and how if he's going to be a part of the pack he should experience all of it. Tonight, is a full moon dad."

He smiles proudly at me, "I knew this all along, but I wanted you to think of it yourself since one day you won't have me to talk you through it."

"Will someone please explain what you're talking about to me?" Colton demands next to me.

Dad nods to me. I turn to Colton, "Only on the full moon can human shift along with us. The packs Alpha" I motion to my dad, "just has to give you some of his blood willingly. In the full moon's light, the blood will let you shift with us. The change is only temporary and once the sun rises you will just be human again. It only lasts when the moon is up. You will be able to change from human to wolf as much as you please that night."

"So, all I have to do is drink some of his blood and I'll be like you guys for a night?" He was still trying to put it together.

I nod, "Yes. To make a human permanently a wolf like us the Alpha would not only have to give you blood but also take some in the light of the full moon. I've only ever heard of a few cases where a human has been turned into a wolf, one being my mother. But we don't have to talk about that now. The choice is up to you."

"Will it hurt?"

Again, sadly, I nod. "The first few shifts for any wolf is very painful. It gets easier in time for us but I'm not sure if it does for just the night changes."

He seems to not think about it for long. He looks from my father's eyes to mine. "I'll do it."

**A/N**
Just wanted to say happy 4th of July to all the Americans! Have fun watching all of the pretty fireworks tonight!