Almost.

"She made a deal with a Lockwood from your time. George I think? She gave him something he wanted and he gave her, her freedom in return. She will be in town in a couple of months." I explained. I turn around to look at Stefan and he seems to be in shock. I forgot, he never knew about the vampires surviving.

"There was a tomb underneath the church?" Stefan asked us.

"Yes, all of the vampires from the church have been under there, no one died in that fire. They have been under there for 145 years, dessicated to the point of hardly being able to move." I explained to both of them.

"What.." Damon muttered, "I thought she loved me.. why hasn't she come to find me?"

"Do you want to find out from me now, or from her later?" I asked him. I can give him the information he needs or let him wait to find out the truth from her, whichever he chooses.

"I want to know now, please tell me, did she ever love me?" He pleaded. I could see the shock on Stefan's face as he hasn't seen his brother like this in over 100 years.

"She never loved you, she only ever loved Stefan." I tried to gently tell him. I could see the heartbreak on his face, so I released him from the wall.

I watched him drop to the floor on his knees, he's back slouched and his arms hanging freely by his sides. Without a moment of hesitation, Stefan took his brother into his arms, sitting on the floor beside him. Tears stinging both of our eyes at the heartbreak shown on his face.

"Are you ok, Damon?" I asked gently, crouching down so I can look into his eyes from his level. I know the pain of heartbreak, from the love experiences from my previous life and also from waking up in this life realizing I'll probably never see my kids again. God I miss them so much, my heart aches just thinking about them.

"You're lying. You have to be lying." He exclaimed, pushing Stefan away.

"I'm not, and I can show you the memory of her getting out and of her telling you she never loved you. Would you like to see it?" I asked. I knew he may require proof.

He nodded his head in agreement, so I put my pointer finger and my middle finger on his temple and pushed the two memories forward.

The scene starts with Katherine and George Lockwood walking together.

"I just spoke to Giuseppe Salvatore." George told her.
She hums as if asking him to continue, so he does, "The round up happens tonight."

"Good, insist that they do a body count before the church is set ablaze." Katherine adds.

"I will."

"27 vampires"

"Once the flames create chaos, crawl to the exit under the choir loft. I'll be there to set you free."

"Make sure you are not followed. I need everyone to believe I perished in that fire.

When I pulled back and opened my eyes, I saw a tear drop from his eyes. Seeing for himself something I could have never known about because I wasn't alive at the time.

"What about her telling me she never loved me?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"Are you sure? I don't have to show you that one, we can stop if you want to." I told him. He shook his head in disagreement, he needed to see it to believe it. Understandable, but that doesn't mean it will be easy for him to see.. But with his insistance i put my pointer finger and middle finger on his temple and push the memory into his head.

The scene starts with Damon pouring himself a glass of bourbon, he starts to walk off, when suddenly he stops.

"Very brave of you to come here." Damon states, he turns and there sits Katherine Pierce sitting on the couch.

"I came to say goodbye." She told him.

"Leaving so soon?"

"I know when I'm not wanted."

"Don't pout, it's not attractive on a woman your age." He told her as he took a drink.

Katherine scoffs and says, "ouch."

Damon sets his drink down and tries to walk off, but Katherine vamps in front of him.

"What, no goodbye kiss?"

"Why don't I kill you instead?" He asked her. "What are you doing here?"

"Nostalgia, curiosity, etcetera."

"I'm better at the one liners Katherine, what are you up to?"

"Trust me, Damon. When I'm up to something, you'll know it. Come on, kiss me. Or kill me. Which will it be, Damon? We both know that you're only capable of one." As Katherine said the last sentence she started leaning closer and sounded more seductive. She knew her tricks worked on him.

He turned around to walk away and she again vamped around to face him again but this time, she pushed him down so he's laying on his back on the floor and she's right on top of him. Her hair off to one side, one hand running up his abdomen.

"My sweet, Innocent, Damon." In response, he grabs her by her throat and switches their positions with his hand still around her throat. Suddenly, they kiss.

"That's more like it." Katherine mutters, before attaching her lips to his again. She spent him to the wall before helping him pull his shirt off and running her hands around his abdomen, mapping it out again.

Damon swiped everything off the table, before leaning her on it and attaching his lips to her neck.

"Ok, wait, wait." Damon stops what he really wants to continue. He just needs an answer first. "Brief pause." He adds, as they are both trying to catch their breath. That's when Katherine pushed him off.

"I have a question. Answer it and it's back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right, and I'll forget the last hundred and fourth five years I spent missing you. I'll forget how much I loved you, I'll forget everything. And we can start over. This can be our defining moment, see? Because we have time. That's the beauty of eternity. I just need the truth, just once." Damon explains to her.

"Stop, I already know your question, and it's answer." She tells him while he's running his fingers through her hair while scanning all over her face with his eyes. "The truth is, I've never loved you. It was always Stefan." She took his hands from her face into her hands and stepped away, before dropping his hands and walking out.

I pull my fingers from his temple again and he looks angry and heart broken as the tears were streaming down his face.

"Are you ok?" I asked him softly. He responds by bringing me in for a hug, I wrapped my arms around him as well and we just sat there together, hugging. We both needed this.

We both needed the warmth of a hug from someone like us. We both know the pain and betrayal of heartbreak. I turned my head slightly to look at Stefan and he nodded at me in thanks, I just smiled back at him.

--------------------
Hey guys, it's your Author. I'm finally back. My baby is a year old already! And my daughter is 3. Wow time goes by fast. So I haven't been able to write much because my son is teething and having growth spurts, so he has been a bit difficult lately but I was able to finally get this chapter out for you all. Hope you all like it and I hope you are all having a good day!❤️🐶