Chap.: 26

Chap. 026:

"Everything went well in the parlor?", Keung asked to which Kenji nodded.

"Show me", the man ordered and the girl walked towards her grandfather, unwrapping the tattoo from the foil and showing her new and first tattoo to the older man.

"Nice work", the commented as he scanned the thing.

It was almost a copy of his, just a bit more... feminized, to fit Y/N better.

A black and white serpent sneaking around her shoulder, it's head rested against her left collarbone, with bright red eyes, the typical Yakuza pattern, almost a complete copy of Kenji's surrounding the snake.

The snake meant she was a member of the family, the dual colored snake meant she was the next leader. The red eyes symbolizing the name: Red-Eyed Yakuza.

"The artist did well", Keung stated as Y/N herself admired the piece of art, not realizing the death-stare her uncle gave her.

It was evident that he was jealous.

He was older than the girl and has been in the Yakuza all his life, his older brother turned his back on the Yakuza for a woman while he stayed and did as told by his own father.

He stayed and married the woman Keung had instructed him to do so. He forced his wife to get abortions until she finally gave birth to a son, Kenji.

He did not grieve over the death of his wife because it would make him look weak in the eyes of his father.

Kan Hayate despised the girl.

And now her tattoo was just another gut-punch for him.

He himself was not granted the dual-colored snake. He was given the white snake with red eyes.

He also was not granted the decision of where to place the tattoo.

Neither did Kenji, Keung ordered their tattoos like they were his underlings, but Y/N, Keung's precious Y/N got to decide when and where she wanted hers.

=

"What is it father?", Kenji spoke as the man was in his son's bedroom.

"What do you think about your cousin staying with us?"

"Y/N? She's okay."

"Okay?", Ken asked, having locked the door from any listening ears, his words were punishable by death, "She stole our inheritance. She stole our position. You were meant to be the leader one day. Not that brat."

"Dad...", Kenji stated, "Get to know her. She's not that bad."

"So you've grown to love her too?"

"Love her? Definitely not. She's annoying and whiney and clingy. But she's not that bad."

Kenji with that rolled up his sleeves, fixing them around his elbows, exposing parts of his tattoos.

Both were all dressed up for the dinner and party that was hosted in Y/N's honor.

Ken huffed, "I'll see you downstairs son."

Kenji looked after his father with saddened eyes.

"Stupid fight over inheritance", he cursed under his breath as he also left to join the rest of his family.

"Took you two long enough", Keun spat at his son and grandson, by now everyone except for Y/N was downstairs. Seated and waiting for Keung to speak.

All of the important people were present, even some pro-heroes.