Chapter 26 : His Definition Of Love

Zacznij od początku

“Correction. I sneak into people's room — who are mine — and nick off the things that are supposed to be mine.” - she said sweetly, making him grin.

“Everyone!” - Shreya grabbed the attention of the guests. “Give a huge round of applause to the newly wedded Mr. and Mrs. Kabir Chauhan!”

Everybody clapped as Kabir and Nisha arrived in the hall. They made their way straight to the dance floor to have their first dance. After their dance, the floor was opened for others. Many young and old couples from the guests and relatives approached the floor. Kabir and Mahir whistled in unison when Mahesh led Kaya to the floor as well.

Mahir turned to Sneha who looked at him at the same time. He outstretched his hand before her and she, without looking, placed hers in his. Both smiling lovingly at each other.

His hand went to her waist while the other clasped with hers. She rested her left hand on his shoulder and stepped closer just like the day of dance practice. Disregarding any necessary gap between them. And this time, he smiled bright.

Zindagi se chura ke,
Zindagi mein basa ke,
Zindgani banaya hai tujhe,
Ruthey rab ko mana ke,
Aasmaan ko jhuka ke,
Zindgani banaya hai tujheyyy...

Everyone started swaying but who was focused on everyone ? To them, they were the only two people in the hall. Or maybe the world ?

Tu mila jis tarah saba mile,
Tu mila jis tarah sila mile,
Tu mila jis tarah duaa mile bakhuda...

Mahir's smile widened. Didn't it sound like he was singing for Sneha ? The words, the emotions, the feelings of years... all for her. Just her.

Tu mila to jaise main jee gaya,
Tu mila mukammal main ho gaya,
Tu mila toh phaila hai noor sa bakhuda...

“What ?” - Sneha asked softly, the smile on her face intact.

Baahon mein aa ho jayenge shikwe sabhi khud fanaa,
Hothon se main tujh ko sunu, aankhon se tu kuch sunaa...

“Nothing. I was just thinking...” - he said and gave her a twirl before softly caging her in his arms from behind.

Tu aks hai main aaina, phir kya hai sochna,
Ik doosere mein kho ke hai, ik doosre ko paana...

“Thinking ?” - she probed gently as they swayed.

He nuzzled into her soft locks, the fragrance calming and arousing at the same time.

“That your presence in my life is a blessing.” - he whispered.

She slumped back on him. Her head rested on his shoulder and as she craned her neck to look at him, he found her eyes moist with tears.

Kismaton ko jagaa ke,
Har jahaan ko hara ke,
Zindgani banaya hai tujheyyy...

She slowly turned in his embrace and curled her arms around his neck. Getting nose-to-nose with him. Both his hands were at waist, holding her close to himself as they stared at each other. Careless of their surroundings.

“Why do you love me so much Mahir ?”

His lips curved into a smile. From childhood till now, her curious nature was intact. She was the very same Sneha. His Sneha.

Tu mila jis tarah saba mile,
Tu mila jis tarah sila mile,
Tu mila jis tarah duaa mile bakhuda...

“I don't know. I am just aware of one thing and that is, whenever the word ‘love’ comes, your face comes into my mind. Your name escapes my lips in a breathless whisper. And suddenly, everything in the world becomes more beautiful. You are my definition of love Sneha. That's all I know.”

Tu mila to jaise main jee gaya,
Tu mila mukammal main ho gaya,
Tu mila toh phaila hai noor sa bakhuda...

Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but he didn't let them. He raised his hands and took the tears from under her eyes on his thumbs. She took her arms from around his neck only to wrap them around his chest and hug him. Her head tucking perfectly under his chin as they swayed on the ending notes of the song.

“What are you doing tonight ?” - he inquired gently, placing his chin over her head.

She had her eyes closed and was so lost in the moment that took a while to answer. “Even if I had plans, I would have cancelled them for you.” - she replied, making his heart skip a beat.

“Then be ready by 9.”

She pulled back to look at him questioningly. “What are you upto now ?”

He smiled secretively. “That's for you to find out. ” - he said, his fingers pushing her hair back from her shoulder.

Her face broke into a smile as well. “I like surprises.”

His smile turned into a smirk. He leaned closer and whispered : “Then you'll love it because it's about your punishment darling.”

Her heart skipped several beats, both at the endearment and in anticipation. She couldn't wait to find out.