Chapter 15 : You Wouldn't Want To Know

Fingers softly running through her hair slowly pulled Sneha to consciousness. She fluttered her eyes open to find herself in the bed in her room. Her mother was seated beside her while the Chauhan siblings were huddled around the bed, sporting concerned expressions.

All the siblings except for Mahir. And her heart panged at his absence.

“How are you feeling honey ?” - Avni asked, smiling in relief.

Sneha carefully sat up, taking support of the headboard. “What happened ?” - she asked instead, her mind fuzzy.

“You slipped off the edge into the lake Bhabhi.” - Disha provided helpfully.

“Thank God Mahir was near you and saved you in time. Because we had no idea that you don't know swimming.” - Shreya said, looking greatful that Sneha was okay.

Sneha's mind cleared out at the info, suddenly remembering that she had jumped into the lake to get a reaction out of Mahir. So he did save her...

“Honestly, we all got worried but Mahir was practically freaking out. I have never seen him so scared ever before.” - Kabir said, catching Sneha's eyes.

Her heart skipped a beat. ‘So you do care Mahir but are too stubborn to stay by my side.’

“True. You were not gaining consciousness and we feared something has happened to you. But the doctor said it's just because the water was colder than your body could take and the drastic change in body temperature made you unconscious.” - Divya added her bit.

She suddenly realized her clothes were dry and frowned. Looking at herself, she realized her dress had been changed and her eyes automatically flashed to her mother, who nodded. Silently answering her unspoken question.

“Thank you.” - she said looking from her mother to all of them. The genuine concern on their faces and then relief at knowing she was okay had moved her deeply. She had been blessed with a really nice bunch.

“Thank Mahir Bhai. If not for him, we might have been late in rescuing you.” - Disha said smiling.

“Where's he ?” - Sneha asked, pretending to be calm whereas her insides were a hurricane of impatience.

“All this can wait. For now, you need to rest.” - Avni spoke before anyone could say anything.

“Aunty is right. You should rest Sneha.” - Shreya said with a warm smile. The siblings nodded in agreement as well and they all left the room.

“I am going to inform your Papa and others that you are awake. They were worrying.” - Avni said, caressing Sneha's hair affectionately.

Sneha took her mother's hand and kissed the back of it. “Love you Maa.”

Avni's smile softened further. “You are happy, aren't you ?”

Sneha's heart thudded. She felt like that was the moment to have the talk with her parents she was gathering courage to have a while now. Before she could say anything, Avni continued :

“You know at first, your father and I used to think that Kabir is a year older than you and childhood alliances mostly don't work. Or maybe, we should have considered Mahir as you both are the same age.”

Sneha's heart skipped a beat at that.

“But now when we look at it, we believe it to be the perfect decision. Kabir is very sorted and responsible. Whereas Mahir seems to be a little distant and moody.” - Avni mused with a slight frown.

Sneha's mind screamed. That was the problem. Kabir was way TOO a gentleman for her liking. She felt nothing around him even before falling for Mahir. She craved someone like Mahir who evoked all the emotions in her at once. Who made her breathless by just looking at her, who challenged her at every stage, who literally dominated her heart, mind and soul. But how to explain all that to her mother ?!

IntertwinedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara