"Yeh dinner ki plate kiske liye?"

"Aru aur Arnav ke liye."

"Niche nhi aayenge woh?"

"Aru pura din chidha hua tha akela tha toh, phir sham ko so gya. Tere Bhaiya gye hai usi ke paas. Ani aaya nhi ab tak toh maine socha room me bhej deti hoon dinner. Arnav khila denge toh uska mood thik ho jayega." She smiled at him.

Ayaansh nodded and then took the plate from her hands. "Mai le jata hoon."

Ashi smiled to herself as Ayaansh gave her a sound kiss on her cheeks and left. In a way, Ayaansh was just like Arnav, who only knew to spread love to others. The only difference was, something that she was and would always be grateful for, Ayaansh had gotten the chance of lowering his defenses and experience the beauty of being loved by life and Arnav had, instead, only strengthened his guards to protect his family, to protect the love they had, to become their saviour for life! She wished with her whole heart and knew for a fact that her child will not ever go through the same! She will make sure of it!

She gave another glance to her father's smiling face. She wished he was in peace, he was happy wherever he was. She wished he was proud of his little girl who used to pester him to decorate her doll house with her once. She wished he was proud of the woman she had become, who was decorating her own home with the flowers blooming under love and their togetherness!

Tears glistened in her eyes—a constant reminder of what she had lost—but she wore an unwavering smile on her face, reminding herself of what she had, and will always have!

"Bhabhi?"

Ashi blinked her eyes and found Aniket looking at her with concern. She almost smiled but then remembered Aniket hadn't been home since last night. And then she glared at him.

"Kahan the tum raat bhar?" Ashi demanded.

"Thik ho aap?" Aniket ignored her glare and approached her.

She nodded.

Aniket was unconvinced. Ashi noticed his concerned look and sighed. She smiled slightly to assure him. "Mai thik hoon, Ani. Bas papa ki yaad aa gyi..."

There was a slight shake in her voice and she was immediately engulfed in warm hug. Aniket held her in his embrace securely. Ashi let herself take comfort for a while before she wiped away her tears and smiled looking at him.

"Mai thik hoon, Ani.."

"We all miss Chachu, Bhabhi. But we also know that he is always there with us, hai na?"

Ashi's eyes misted as she nodded with a smile. That was a promise she had made to her father on his 50th birthday. He wanted her to look at him with a smiling face always, even when she was looking at him through his frame. A frame adorned with garland! The words spoken were drenched in Ashi's tears but Atharva always knew his daughter never broke promises, with or without tears!

"Kuch khaya?" Ashi asked once she was pulled back from Aniket.

Aniket scratched the back of his head, thinking of coming up with a convincing answer, lost his own battle and chose to stay silent.

Ashi shot him a glare and walked towards the kitchen. Accepting defeat without a word, Aniket sat down on the chair. He was exhausted. He had been caught up in a case study whole night and was mentally drained out due to previous day's happenings.

"Freshen up, Ani. Kaafi thake hue lag rhe ho!"

"Haan, Bhabhi, just a little tired." Aniket looked at her with smile.

"Mr. Oberoi ko lekar pareshan ho?" Ashi asked.

Aniket sighed. "I don't trust that man, Bhabhi. Pata nhi Bhaiya ne kya kiya..."

Rooh (Book 2 - Singhania Brothers)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें