Chapter 95 - Threats

Start from the beginning

 "I don't think Neuvillette will allow you to go through with that."

 "Hiding behind your husband now, are we? Well, no matter. If Monsieur Neuvillette indulges your nonsense, then he will suffer the same fate. Now, excuse me."

 She let go of my collar and took a few hurried steps towards the stairs.

 "Hey, where are you going, Amalie?"

 You just threatened your boss.

 You can't just walk out like that.

 "An urgent meeting needs to be called."

 "Urgent meeting?"

 What meeting?

 "Yes, the club needs to know of this immediately." She waved the newspaper around.

 "What club?"

 "Naturally, a fan club." Amalie said seriously.

 A-

 A fan club?

 A fan club for whom?

 "Don't overthink it, Your Grace. It's not yours."

 Oh, thank god!

 "It's Monsieur Neuvillette's fan club."

 "Excuse me?"

 Neuvillette has a fan club here?

 In the Fortress of Meropide?

 If I think about it it's not that surprising considering the amount of love letters addressed to him that I got.

 "It's not your fan club but Monsieur Neuvillette's. I hope I won't need to repeat it again as I'm in a hurry. On that note, Your Grace, have you seen Claude? I can't find him anywhere."

 "He went to the surface with Sigewinne."

 All excited to meet all of the Melusines in the Court.

 "I see. That's a pity. I'll just have to inform everyone myself then."

 And with that, she bolted.

 What just happened?

 Amalie barged in, threatened to kill me, and left to have a meeting with the Neuvillette fan club.

 I have no idea how to react to that.

 Yeah...

 I think I'm just gonna forget about it.

 It's not like she would act on those threats anyway, right?

 ...

 Right?

 ...

 Nah.

 Should be fine.

 On a different topic, my hand hurts like hell.

 I spent all evening signing adoption papers with Neuvillette. I lost track of how many we signed about halfway through.

 Sigewinne somehow found out about it and showed up in the middle of the signing session, demanding to see hers signed just to make sure we wouldn't back out of it.

 She then took a picture of it and walked off after telling me that she wouldn't call me dad or anything even remotely similar even if the world were to end.

 So now I have like a hundred daughters.

 Well, that happened. Still processing.

 Neuvillette seemed incredibly happy about it though.

 He said he would make a copy to give to the girls after the trial ended.

 Correction, trials.

 Neuvillette has about a dozen trials to sit through today. Most of them are just minor matters that have been put off in his absence.

 And this will continue for a week at least from what I heard.

 Sigh...

 It will be hard for me to see my little dragon for a while.

 At least he promised to come back every night. I'll just have to try waking up early to see him off before he leaves for work.

 This is an okay arrangement if it only lasts for a week, maybe at most two.

 Hmm...

 Maybe I should go take a look.

 Even if the Opera is full I could probably get in one way or another.

 Yeah.

 That seems like a plan.

 I got up and grabbed my coat. As I was about to leave, I heard a small ominous noise.

 It wasn't loud by any means, but I could clearly hear it. 

 An alarm.

 To be precise, the alarm which is supposed to go off only in case of unauthorized entry to the Wingalet.

 Well.

 It seems plans have changed.