"You make good pasta." I mumbled.

"Thanks. My mother taught me. Is it bad it's the only thing I know how to cook?"

"Not at all, but what are we going to do Owen? If he gets the information?" I smiled and then we cleaned up the dishes together. He looked at me and sighed. 

"Just, accept the consequences. We could be wrong too." 

"Let's hope we are." 

•••

"Lowery, do you copy?"

"Yes,"

"Good, I need you to stay late tonight."

"Why?"

"It's really important, I'll explain later."

"I really can't. I'd love to help but I have a date."

"A date? With who?"

"Vivian."

"What?!?" My mouth then fell open.
"Yeah,"

"Aw, well I'm really happy for you two."

"Thanks." Now it was Vivian's voice who came through the Bluetooth speaker. Well it seemed to be that I would be working on this alone. I had Owen drive me to the Samsung Innovation Center.

"Thanks, I'll see you later."

I left and before I walked in, I turned and waved goodbye. Not even a minute in, a kid ran into me. Mental note to self. Never have kids. They are evil.

"I'm sorry!" I looked down at the kid. He looked like he was twelve years old, maybe thirteen.

"It's okay," I smiled at the kid. Wait, he looked familiar. Where have I seen him before.

"Gray! Slow down!" An older boy appeared and automatically apologized.

"I am so sorry. My brother just gets really excited about these kinds of things."

"Like I told your brother it's okay. I know what's it's like to have a passion for something." It then hit me. They were Claire's nephews and I had previously seen them when I was going to the Aviary with Michael.

"Oh your Claire's nephews!"

"How do you know that?" The older boy said.

"I work here and Claire had mentioned you both while I was with her in the control room."

"You. You work here?" He raised an eyebrow at me as if to say,
'Sure you do.'

"Yes," I then remember I wasn't wearing my blue top that had the Jurassic World logo on the shirt because it recently was covered in my blood when I was attacked by the Indominus Rex.

"Yeah. I'm one of the animal behaviorist."

"You get to be up close to the dinosaurs! That is so cool!"

"Yeah it is pretty cool." I smiled down at Gray.

"Zach, isn't that cool?" He said, tapping his brothers arm. 

"Sure." He said taking out his phone.

"Well if it's okay with your Aunt Claire, I wouldn't mind taking you with me and showing you what I do."

"That would be the best!" Gray said.

"Oh my god! There you guys are!" Claire then came running over.

"Hi Claire,"

"Oh thank god you are with them Nicole. My stupid assistant can't even handle two children."

"Actually Gray just bumped into me." I told her, but she ignored me. 

"Aunt Claire! Miss Nicole said she wouldn't mind taking us with her when she works tomorrow. Can we please go?" Gray said. Claire looked at me and I shrugged. I don't know what I had gotten myself into but they both seemed like good kids.

"Okay. As long as you stay close to her."

"Awesome! It was nice bumping into you Miss. Nicole."

"Nicole is fine. No need for Miss." I smiled again.

"You boys better hurry, the next monorail back to the hotel will be leaving soon."

"Bye Aunt Claire!" Gray gave her a quick hug before wandering off again. Which sent Zach following after.

"You don't mind?" Claire asked as we walked to the control room.

"No. Gray seems really interested in dinosaurs. He reminds me of myself when I was his age."

"Thanks so much. Remind me to raise your pay." She then got a phone call and went the opposite direction before the elevator doors opened to take me down to control.

Once down there I waited for everyone too leave. A few people asked me if I was going to head home soon. I shook my head no and told them that I had some late work to catch up on. 

"Have fun on your date," I said as Vivian and Lowery left.

"Night Nikki," Vivian said.

"Bye," then it was just me and I waited. Time ticked by. Nothing on the security cameras showed any signs of moment in the lab. Around 12:30 am I began to drift off. If Michael was going to try to break in he probably would have done it by now. I couldn't take a ferry to get home because all of them were closed down for the night. It looked like I would be spending another night in Owen's bungalow.

~~~~~~

Yay! Another chapter done! It's been said that the DVD release date of Jurassic World is in October. No exact date but that's still exciting.
Thanks again for you all your reads! Love you all! Another update again tomorrow!

- Kat

Originally published on June 18th 2015 

Edited on June 4th 2018