"Wow, you're amazing- I mean, they're amazing. You are too. Wait what?" I laughed.

"Thanks, yeah we're all pretty amazing." I looked out at the blue sky and then a voice sounded though my earpiece.

"Meet me in front of the Indominus cage in 10," one guess who that could have been. Owen.

"Hey I've got to go. I'll see you later."

"I'll come with-"

"No, it's not something you'd want to see." I then ran down the stairs and started up Owen's bike and drove down to her cage. As I pulled out of the rocky drive and into the dirt road I felt Michael watching me until I disappeared out of sight. 

"Hey Owen," I said as he greeted me while I came to a stop.

"Why'd you want to meet me?"

"It's about Michael." I got off Owen's bike so I was at eye level with him.

"If you're going to tell me he likes me, I know." I said, putting down the bike stand. 

"Wait what? That son of a bitch."

"What?" I looked at Owen who looked at me and it was that brief moment of awkwardness.

"Never mind. I need you to keep a close watch on him."

"Why? Is he wanted for murder or something?"

"No, but it's like like that. Come on."

"Like that?! What are you trying to say he's going to murder someone?!"

"No. Get on." Owen got on his bike and gestured for me to get on the back. I hesitated for a moment before getting on. Finally I did and I sat there in silence for a moment, just staring at Owen. 

"If you don't want to fall off, I'd advise you hold on to something." He smirked and I wrapped my arms around his torso.

We drove back to his bungalow and we got off his bike.

"So what's going on Owen?"

"Why don't we discuss it over dinner?" Wait a minute. Did Owen just ask me out to dinner or am I overthinking this whole thing?

'Well he did seem pretty pissed when I told him Michael liked me...' I thought and then I looked at Owen.

"Sure," I said and I glared at him. 

"Great, come on in. And what was that look for?" He asked me, following behind me. 

"Think your so smooth, don't you Mr. Grady? I don't just ready animal behaviors ya know." I told him, smiling some. 

•••

Owen and I sat together at the kitchen table. It was suitable for only two people since Owen lived alone.

"I know. I overheard the argument." I said before I took a bite of my pasta. Owen asked me what I would have liked for dinner and I said I had no preference. We then both agreed on pasta and cooked it together.

"If he gets this information, we could loose our jobs." Owen said.

"Why? It's not like we gave it to him! He's responsible for his own actions!" I was beginning to get pissed off.

"But Claire left us in charge of him. He's both of our responsibilities."

"I'm not going to parent a 26 year old Owen!"

"I didn't say you had too!"

"You said it was our responsibility!"
Now I lost my appetite. This whole situation was making my head hurt.