"Listen. I appreciate the apology, but I don't think things are ever going to be the same between all of us. I already had a hard time trusting people, and the way we cut each other off didn't really help. Plus, I am a significantly different person than I was six months ago. You might not like the new me. But maybe we can just ease back into it and see what happens. I'm not opposed to this." 

The trio all nodded their heads in understanding and said polite goodbyes before heading out of the Pit. Annabelle moved forward towards the punching bags, then paused and looked back towards the three figures.

"Hey guys?" 

All three stopped and turned and Annabelle noticed the glimmer of hope in their eyes. 

"Do not mention to anyone that you saw Eric comfort me. Or that you saw me cry. We'd both kind of have to kill you if you did." 

Damien and Izzy each gave small smiles at the request and Annabelle gave one in return. It wasn't much, but it was a start. One that told them all that they would eventually be okay. They all simply nodded in agreement before continuing out of the Pit, leaving Annabelle to her solitude for the morning as usual. 

-----

"Hey baby, I'm glad I caught you. I'm going to be working late tonight in town with Max, so don't wait up for me, okay?" 

Annabelle had just gotten back to her dorm from the workout to find Eric just getting ready to head out the door. He was dressed in his usual all black attire comprising of his combat boots, jeans, tank top, and leather jacket. Annabelle didn't mean to, but she often caught herself admiring Eric right in the midst of their day to day life. When she didn't immediately say anything, Eric turned and smirked lightly at her staring. He slowly stepped closer and closer to Annie, the woman still caught in her trance, until he finally stopped right in front of her and tilted her chin up to look into his eyes. Annie smiled wide and blushed, realizing only now that she'd been staring again, and Eric nearly melted at the sight. 

"Were you listening to me Annie, or do I need to repeat myself?" 

Annie chuckled and looked down in slight embarrassment before turning her eyes back up to Eric's, her lip now caught between her teeth innocently. 

"Sorry. Maybe say it one more time just to be safe." 

Eric smiled smugly down at Annabelle and slowly leaned down for what was meant to be a quick kiss. Instead, Annabelle took advantage of the moment and pulled Eric in closer by his jacket, slowly moving them backwards until Annabelle was trapped between Eric's body and the front door. Eric hadn't meant for the kiss to be heated, but he wasn't complaining as Annabelle moved them into a more compromising position. The kiss grew more passionate and intense with Eric's hands sliding over Annabelle's waist then down to her ass. Annabelle had quickly began working on Eric's belt before moving on to his jacket. Eric was just about to lift Annabelle from the ground when there was a suddenly a very startling pounding on the other side of the door. Annabelle essentially growled at the interruption which Eric found ridiculously hot. He would've ignored the knock entirely and taken Annie back to the bedroom had he thought the person on the other side of the door hadn't already heard them. After all, Annie never had been a quiet lover. 

Eric gave Annabelle one last kiss before gently steering her out of sight from whoever was at the door. She pouted lightly and grabbed Eric by the arm to bring him back to her, silently telling him to ignore whoever was at the door and to just focus on her. Eric wanted nothing more, but he didn't actually have time to stick around much regardless. He laughed softly at Annie's dramatics and gave her one more kiss to try and appease her before pulling away again. 

"I love you, but we'll need to continue this later, okay?" 

"Fine. Call me when you head back tonight. I'll be sure to wait up." 

Both smirked to one another at the insinuation and Annabelle gave one last hungry kiss to Eric before finally letting him go to the door while she made her way to the shower. Eric couldn't help but watch her go, a carefree smile on his face as quickly redid his belt and finally opened the door, revealing Four on the other side. His smile immediately faded. 

"What do you want?" 

"Up against the front door. Really?" 

Eric smirked at the open opportunity. 

"That's what your sister wanted, so I complied." 

Four gave a disgusted look which is exactly what Eric had been hoping for. Still, it didn't send him running. Eric turned his back to Four, but left the door open to indicate the other Eaton sibling could come in. 

"Where is Anna? I need to talk to her." 

"She just got back from the Pit. She was headed for the shower. What do you need from her?"

"That's none of your business." 

"It is if its anything that will upset her, and it typically is these days." 

"Yeah, well that only started when you came back into the picture. Pretty convenient if you ask me." 

"While I really wish I had time to get into this with you today, I don't. So, feel free to wait here for Annie, but I've got to go."  

As Eric walked past Four to finally leave the apartment, he stopped himself just short of the door. He hated moments like these where he suddenly had a conscious. He'd blame Annie if he had it in him to do so, but still, it was comforting to know that it was her who made him want to be a better man. With an annoyed huff, he turned back around in the doorway towards Four.

"Look, Four, I know we don't see eye to eye anymore, but you know I love your sister. When it comes to her happiness, there's nothing that matters more. I know you're protective of her, but I am too. If there's one thing we should be able to agree on, it's that we both have her best interest in mind. And that we want her to be happy. So can we please just agree to truce on anything involving her from now on. For Annie's sake." 

Four seemed to contemplate Eric's words for a minute before finally nodding in agreement. 

"I'm not going to lie, Eric, as much as I know you love her, I'm still expecting you to mess up and break her heart. So, just try to prove me wrong on that front. And I'll do my best to be civil around you. For Annabelle." 

Having seemingly come to an understanding, Eric moved to exit the apartment once more just as Annabelle came out from the bathroom, now in a fresh set of clothes and wet hair. Eric smiled softly at the sight and lifted his hand to catch her attention. 

"I'm heading out babe. I love you, and I'll see you tonight." 

Annabelle quickly ran towards Eric to pull him into a quick kiss, Eric's free arm wrapping itself around her waist. 

"I love you. Be safe." 

"I will." 

With one last quick kiss, Eric finally exited the apartment and Annabelle gently closed the door behind him, leaving just her and Tobias alone now in the apartment. 

"What's up, T?" 

"Get dressed. Mom wants to meet. We've got 20 minutes." 

That was all Annabelle needed before heading back to her room and suiting up to officially meet her mother.    

Broken, But Braveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें