✰ 16: back in your arms

Start from the beginning

"I'm proud of you," she said to him. "For taking on Ahsoka. For a little while, I wasn't sure if you would go through with it."

"She's a good kid," said Anakin.

"And you're a great teacher." Anakin scoffed at that. "It's true!" she said, looking up at him from the hug, but still keeping her hands around him. "You are."

"I'm proud of you, too," he said, smiling. He brushed his fingers through her ponytail. "You worked really hard for this."

"Only because of you," she said. "You helped me feel the Force."

"I think you would have gotten there eventually," he joked.

Akya smiled at him again. In the absence of conversation, their faces were drawn to each other's again, and this time, the kiss lasted for longer, their lips caught in a trap they couldn't escape— and quite frankly, didn't want to. Anakin's hands made their way down Akya's back and to her waist as hers ran races through his curly hair. She had missed this so dearly.

"There was not a day that went by that I didn't think of you," said Anakin quietly. He kissed her again.

"I never want to be away from you again," she whispered. "Never."

"Never," Anakin agreed.

— ★ ✰ ☆ —

Akya did eventually get to rest, though it was on Anakin's cot while he went to go see what Obi-Wan wanted, as a clone officer had knocked at the door asking for him. She dreamed of him again, like she had nearly every night at the Temple, dreams of dancing through stars and planets she'd never been to before, and traveling around the galaxy with him as her guide. When she woke up, she wished it were real so badly— she wished they didn't have to fight this war, that they could just be together until the end of time. But reality was more saddening than that, and so, there was always work to be done, some battle to be fought. Once rested, she walked down to one of the cafeterias on the cruiser. Out the window, stars and other bodies passed them so quickly they turned into blue lines— they were traveling in hyperspace, still on the way to Coruscant.

Akya grabbed an energy bar and made her way toward Ahsoka, who was eating the same thing, sitting alone at a table near the window. They had met briefly, but never truly got to talking.

"Can I sit here?" she asked the young Togruta.

"Of course," said Ahsoka. Akya pulled out the chair next to her and sat down.

"How are you liking your new Master?" began Ahsoka, making conversation.

"Obi-Wan is a good teacher," said Akya. "He's got a lot of experience. You know, he was Anakin's Master before he was mine."

"I know," nodded Ahsoka. "It's funny, though— the two of them seem to be very different."

"They are," smiled Akya. "How is Anakin?"

"He's a little bossy," she shrugged, taking another bite of her energy bar. "But he's a good Master."

"Cocky, right?"

"Sometimes," Ahsoka laughed. "When did you two meet?"

"It feels like ages ago, now," said Akya. "Before the war. We met in the Temple. I was still an Initiate."

"What did cause you to be an Initiate for so long, anyway?"

"I—"

"No offense," said Ahsoka quickly, hoping what she'd said hadn't hurt her new friend.

"No, none taken," said Akya. "I was taken into the order a bit late," she explained.  "I couldn't use the Force, but they'd taken my midichlorian count, which was well within Jedi range. So I trained at the Temple, and I was a very hard working student... but I couldn't use the Force. I couldn't feel it, couldn't transmit it... nothing. For ten years, I'd never felt a thing."

"So then what happened?" said Ahsoka, intrigued. "How did you become attuned to the Force?"

"I..." She'd never told anyone the truth before. Perhaps Ahsoka was where she could start. "Anakin and I met at the Temple and he realized I was still an Initiate, so he wanted to help. I had little hope... but the lesson he taught me that night worked. He's the one who taught me how to feel the Force surrounding me. He's the one who started it all."

"Really?"

"Really.  But no one knows this, Ahsoka. Not even Obi-Wan.  You can't tell."

"I won't," she said, shaking her head.  "But why does no one know?"

Akya shrugged. "We kept it quiet just because we were up past curfew most nights.  I suppose we just never told anyone after that."  Akya then realized that the real reason Anakin had wanted it kept a secret all those years ago was perhaps that he was developing a crush on her— quite frankly, Akya had thought he was very pretty, but hadn't developed feelings for him at that point in time. Oh, if only she'd known how her future would go.

a.n.: 

AKYAKIN IS BACK!!! AND AKYA GOT TO TALK WITH AHSOKA!! 

so excited for this chapter.  I hope you guys loved it!! finally my guys r back.  also the next bunch of chapters is all original stories so yay! bare with me when i try to write battles.  they're coming.

don't forget to vote!

molly