Mae pov

We sat in silence. No one was able to move a muscle without knowing if Niki was okay. "Are we able to go and see him?" I asked knowing the answer was probably going to be no. "no." Heeseung said while looking at me with saddened eyes. I knew that was what he was going to say, but I still felt disappointed. He stood up as he made his way toward me. "I know we are all blaming ourselves but there's nothing we could've done differently" He spoke as he took another sip from his whiskey. That was a thing here. They all drink a lot of whiskey.

My eyes met his, which was comforting. I haven't seen this kind of caring look in his eyes before. He probably realises how bad this situation is. I couldn't help but think about what had happened. I haven't yet asked them anything. It didn't seem like a good time to bring it up. My body felt restless as I stood up from my chair. The idea of Niki dying made me feel on edge.

"I'm going for a walk in the garden." Before I was able to walk away from them, Jungwon held me back. "I don't think you want to be out there right now." Visions from earlier flashed through my brain. How could I forget about the countless dead men in the backyard? The horrific scene played over and over in my head. Every single person lying there had a life. Maybe even a family or a friend to get back to.

I sat back down without saying a word, replaying the scene over and over until a loud sound interrupted those thoughts. The sound of Sunghoon's phone. We all turned our gaze toward him, waiting for him to answer his call. It took him some time to grab his phone. He was probably just as afraid as we were. We didn't want to know how horrible Niki was feeling. We just wanted to know if he's feeling fine. He took a deep breath before pressing the green button and putting it on speaker.

"Mr Park." An unknown voice sounded. "Yes," Sunghoon answered sternly and short. There was a tone in his voice that made me shiver. "Park Jong-Seong told me to call you." it was deathly silent on our side of the call. What was he waiting for? We have been waiting in agony for all this time already, please just tell us what's going on.

Sunghoon placed his phone down on the table and we all gathered around him. He was obviously feeling the same way as he spoke "Just tell me." Sunghoon's voice sounded calm and collected. I could tell he was trying to hold back his emotions. I could tell the sadness and pain he was feeling. However, it was only because he wanted me to know.

He was good at hiding his emotions, he could fool us all if he wanted to. "well, If the bullet hits you dead centre, your spine is cut and you die. If it hits your spleen or liver, you die slower, slowly enough that medical intervention may save you, but you'll probably still die. If it hits low you leak from your bladder and that leads to perit-" We all tried to listen carefully but he was giving us so much information, it was hard to process. What was relevant to Niki's wound? Was he telling us he was going to die? At this point, he was making me feel like he just wanted us to know how smart he was. No one cared about how smart he was. We only care about Niki.

"If the bullet goes in and out while missing all these targets plus the bottom of your lungs, you get peritonitis from leaking intestinal fluids. You may live with that. Which is the case with Niki's wounds." I let out a breath I didn't notice I was holding. So there was a chance Niki would survive. "So there's a chance he'll die?" Heeseung asked shocked by what the person on the other side was telling us. Why was he being this negative? He could use some positive thought to get him through this. 

"At this stage, the chances of him surviving are equal to the chances of him dying." For a moment, time seemed to stop ticking. There's a chance we'll never see him again. I felt disgusted by the fact that my father did this to him. My own father did this to Niki. I could only imagine what everyone is going through right now. I felt quite close to Niki because I have been living with him for the last couple of months. I could only try to imagine what these people, who've known him for almost their entire lives are going through right now.