Chapter 9 | R e a r P i t c h

Today is the Edinburgh show

Me and Jules are matching. We are both wearing pink, sparkling pink, cowboy boots and hats. I feel sexy!

And this is exactly what I need. The last couple of days have been rough. My anxiety is on the roof, and I can't do much about it. I think I'm missing home a bit. So I just want to take my mind out of things and a killer outfit is the key!

The only thing is Jules has rear pitch tickets and I have front pitch. Which sucks, but we will make the best of it anyway.

As I'm walking in the cue to start entering I hear someone cry. I spot the girl and walk to her to see if I can help.

"Hey is everything alright?" I ask, she looks at me with so much sadness it breaks my heart "I got scammed! I came here all the way from greece just to be told that I can't get in" without any hesitation I say " here I will give you my ticket" she looks shocked " no I can't accept, you came to enjoy the show I'm not taking that from you" I shake my head "I already lost count of the amount of concerts I saw. I don't mind. You just have to promise me to enjoy it as much as you can." She looks at me with a small smile on her face " thank you so much" "Go so you can have a good spot" we say our goodbyes and she runs to the cue.

I'm a little sad, I really needed this distraction, but 'oh well'.

I send Juls a text explaining everything, as I'm about to leave the venue I see a woman with a sign selling rear pitch tickets. I think I have never run so fast in my life. I ask for the price and for her to join me till the door so I can see that they are real.

I enter the venue and try to find Juls with the photo that she sent me showing me her view. When I spot her I sneak behind her and jump scare her. She screams and turns to face me. When she realizes who I am she hugs me "how the fuck? What? When?" I laugh and say "I have my ways" she side eyes me and I tell her the truth.

There's nothing like rear pitch. We danced and we cried all together. But my favorite part was when we all laid out on the floor while 'Fine Line' played. And man I never heard him sing like this, there was so much emotion.

And I let myself go. I cried and at some point I felt my hand being grabbed. I look to the side and see Jules looking at me as she mouths 'it's like he knew you were having a bad day' I give her a small smile and look at the sky.

I know that the bad days are part of the healing process. But there's a hint of sadness, when I look back and see how good I was doing.

As I lay in bed, and think about that day, it hurts because I thought I was happy. And that made it hurt more in the end.

I just want to be loved! Is it so much to ask?