Mr. President

Washington, D.C
A'dora's pov's
January 1st
~

           James Taylor, President of the United States, is a respectable man if nothing else. He wooed the hearts of his country's citizens with his charm and integrity. His handsomeness did nothing but fuel the effect he had on people, women in specific. All it took was his blinding smile, and like that you were wrapped around his little finger. He was the man all women wanted, and the man other men wanted to be.

I was personally a victim of his charm. I was always aware of his attractiveness, but I was determined to keep the relationship we had professional. It was him who initiated the love affair between us.

I felt guilty sleeping with him knowing he was a married man. But that guilt only lasted so long before I realized how much of a raging bitch the First Lady was. She cheated on him first, it's no excuse though. They're both disrespecting the pact they made for life, and I am no better. I know that, but I can never seem to get enough of him. He's like a drug that I simply cannot turn away from.

Whatever he wants, he gets. He is no fool, he knows how to play the cards he's dealt. That's another reason he was elected President. He was good with his words, a little too good considering he was able to seduce me so easily, then again he was the most handsome man I had ever laid eyes on.

I snap back into reality as the flash of a camera partially blinds me.

"Mr. President, over hear!" A cameraman shouts.

"Vice President Harris!" Another shouts walking a little closer to me.

Ushering me before him, James takes my hand, urging me and Isabelle–his wife–to walk into the party before him.

Speaker of the House of Representatives, George Conley was hosting a New Year's party this evening. I had every intention not to come tonight, I was not the type to mingle, but James had other plans. He had convinced me with his various methods of persuasion. I couldn't say no. The man was a pro at getting what he wanted.

"A'dora Harris, how nice of you to bless us with your presence." Cara teased.

Cara was senator Williams wife, a lovely young lady. Just one year younger than me, though the way she carried herself might lead one into believing she was a bit older than her actual age. Lovely dark brown curls flowed down her back, touching the very top of her cinched waist. Her body, while petite, had a nice curve to it. A natural beauty, though wore a light face of makeup to go along with her red cocktail dress.

"Save some men for the rest of us." I whistled at her. She giggled a little at the compliment before turning all her attention back to me.

"How are you, A'dora? You found that one special man yet?" She wiggled her eyebrows jokingly.

If only she knew.

"Nope." She answered popping the "p" in her reply. "Still single old me."

"Paul seems to have eyes for you, why don't you try talking to him?" Cara nudged her arm, gesturing towards Paul who had unwittingly already been ogling her.

Paul was the secretary of defense, very intelligent, educated, tall and quite handsome might I add, a tab bit cocky, but everything she liked in a man.