"Mom why is there one plate short?" Mom looks at me for a second before responding. "Victor went out early this morning. Looks like he already ate and his note said he'll be back by lunch." I deflate a little bit but let it go. I am a little curios about what he could be doing. An explosion suddenly goes of in the distance. I look out the window since that actually is a strange occurrence around here. Mom and I look at each other then shrug since it sounded pretty far away. 

After breakfast mom heads into town to get something, not sure what but I don't really care. Luz and King hang out in the living room and I am reading a book in peace in my room with regular explosions going off in the distance. "Someone's persistent." 

Victor POV

Goddammit! Another failure! What the hell am I doing wrong? I cant seem to figure out the issue. I keep blowing myself up. Good thing the psionic barrier I had up the entire time kept me safe and the explosions didn't even leave a single mark on me so no one will notice later. I need a break. Looking up at the sky and the smell of the air which is different from Earth. All of it makes me think its going to rain. And there's the rumbling of lightning. Yeah lets get back home before I get wet. 

I teleport back to the house making sure to do so inside the forest outside the house. Then a drop of water lands on my hand and I slightly flinch from the pain. The fucking rain is boiling. I start running to the house and Eda comes into my field of view and I run up to her as we head for the owl house. "Eda. What the hell is going on with the rain?" She responds without looking at me with a concerned tone of voice. "Boiling rain. Just keep running and get back to the house and safety." I remain silent but pick up the pace and run past her thanks to my superior speed.

The house comes into view and we see Luz crouched down on the ground in front of the house. Eda then shouts out to her as the rain picks up. "Boiling rain! Everybody inside now." As we run I grab Luz as we run past her as she seems confused. I trip at the doorway and skid slightly across the floor but Luz, she rolls on the ground and crashes into the furniture. Eda also trips and lands next to me before sitting upright. 

"Phew! that was close. But the important thing is nobody got hurt." Eda looks to me and Luz. Luz has what I can only describe as a dumb look on her face as she responds sarcastically. "Yep..." A cup falls on her head and she lightly exclaims in pain. Me on the other hand. Not so lucky. "I should look into some kind of insurance plan." I state as I hold my eye. A drop of boiling rain landed right on my bloody eyelid as I was blinking and it stings like hell.

Eva then comes running down the stairs and notices us sprawled out on the ground. She checks up on Luz first since she's closer and sees only a minor burn from a single drop so she's fine. But once she looks at me she looks about ready to tear into me verbally. "Before you say anything I was out for a morning jog to clear my head. The rain started up just as I was coming out of the forest." Eva lets out a tired sigh and then moves my hand out of the way and casts a healing spell on my eye. This has become too much of an common occurrence for us. 

"We should get you some healing patches with how much you get injured." She states and Eda laughs as she heads back outside with a barrier surrounding her. We follow her to the doorway, as Eva and I are leaning on each side of the doorframe and Luz and king are sitting on the floor looking out at Eda building up energy to cast a spell. King places a band aid on Luz's burn on her left forearm before doing the same on his muzzle just for the hell of it. 

"Look, now we're boo-boo buddies." Eva and Luz both let out weird noises as luz falls sideways looking up at King. "Oh my gosh I love you so much." I don't get it but remain silent as I return my attention to the rain. "You know I shouldn't be surprised about the boiling rain on the Boiling Isles. But I seriously didn't expect the weather to be like this." Eda looks over her shoulder back at us while responding to my statement. "Yeah, we don't have weather."