Chapter 93 - Strange interview

Start from the beginning

 Huh?!

 He actually allowed it?

 "That's fine! That's completely fine! Of course, I will!" Charlotte nodded along excitedly.

 "And..."

 There was a short hesitation before he continued.

 "You can use one picture of my choosing only."

 "Which one."

 "This one."

 Neuvillette turned one of the pictures towards Charlotte at an angle where I couldn't see it.

 Neuvillette!

 This is unfair!

 Let me see it!

 I wanted to just get up and walk to his desk to take a look but when I tried-

 What the hell?

 It was as if a mountain was pressing down on me as soon as I tried to get up.

 Since this wasn't working, I resorted to other methods.

 "Do I not get a say in this?"

 "I'm quite sure you told Miss Charlotte that you would wish for such an article to be published." Neuvillette pointed out.

 "When-"

 "Yesterday. Right before telling her to get help from the girls to convince me."

 Damn it.

 He heard that?

 Tsk!

 "I also heard that you made an agreement with Miss Charlotte to get a copy of these pictures in exchange for an interview as such, you won't be seeing them till then." He added.

 That-

 "That's unfair!" I couldn't help but exclaim.

 "I don't see how this arrangement is unfair, Wriothesley. After all, you made the deal, keep to it." He spat out.

 Come on!

 What is this?! Revenge for selling out his weakness?

 So I'll have to wait for how long?

 I looked at Charlotte hopefully but...

 "Monday is the earliest I have time, Duke Wriothesley." Charlotte sighed.

 Today is Thursday!

 That's four days!

 "On the bright side, you will see one in the Steambird tomorrow." She consoled.

 She's definitely doing this on purpose!

 I've been denying her an interview and now she's putting it off cause she knows I can't back out!

 While I was sinking into eternal regret, Charlotte started asking Neuvillette some questions and I have to say...

 This is the weirdest interview I have ever seen.

 If it's just this, then I can easily sit through one as well.

 "Lady Furina, Miss Navia, and Miss Clorinde's presence should be left out, correct?"

 "Yes."

 "What about the melusines?"

 "Them too."

 "Can I at least share that I was there on their request?"

 "Yes."

 "The exact location of the proposal?"

 "Preferably not."

 "So, about the two of you being engaged-"

 "Married."

 "Excuse me?"

 "We are married."

 Charlotte's jaw dropped to the floor.

 Her gaze shot from Neuvillette to me and when I nodded her whole body shook.

 Yeah...

 I should have expected him to just casually drop that bomb at some point.

 "When- When did you two get married, if you don't mind me asking?" She stuttered.

 "About two hours ago." Neuvillette said calmly.

 "Two- Two hours ago you say..."

 I'm starting to pity her a bit.

 Though, that didn't last too long. She recovered pretty quickly.

 "Can I put that in the article?"

 "Yes."

 "About the wedding."

 Oh, here it goes.

 "We won't have one."

 "Alright." She nodded calmly.

 What the hell?

 What's with that calm reaction?

 She just accepted it like that?

 "Anything else I should take note of?"

 "Wriothesley decided to take my last name." Neuvillette said offhandedly.

 "Alright. Your last name- Wait what?"

 The two locked eyes and there were a few moments of complete silence.

 What the hell?

 What's with them?

 In the end, it was Charlotte who broke eye contact first, taking a deep breath.

 "Okay. Last question then. How big of a mess do you want this article to cause, Monsieur Neuvillette?"

 She just accepted that one as well without a single question?

 And...

 What kind of question is that?

 What do you mean by 'how big of a mess'?

 Are reporters all like this these days?

 "You can do as you please this time. Lady Furina wants to have fun so take that into account." Neuvillette sighed.

 This time?

 What do you mean this time?

 Is that a question people usually ask?

 ???

 Just as I was starting to worry whether or not I would also be subjected to these kinds of questions, Charlotte stood up, said goodbye, and simply left.

 ??????????

 Huh?!?

 I turned to look at Neuvillette for answers but he had already gone back to dealing with his paperwork as if nothing happened.

 What the heck was that?!