And strong-headed. And forward. And invigorating.

Bloody hell, I don't know what it is, but something about her is so annoyingly invigorating. Which is exactly why I can't give her the time of day,

On top of all of her provoking attributes, Nora's also just about the clumsiest girl I've ever laid my eyes on. This city really might just eat her alive. I can't stop thinking back to a few weeks ago when she nearly fell on the train. The way I had to catch her and the way she felt pressed against me. Also, the way her blue eyes, damp brown hair, and flushed cheeks became the only thing I wanted to watch the rest of the night if I would have allowed myself to.

Shite. No, she's annoying. We're sticking with that. Yeah, that's what she is-annoying and unbearable.

Unbearable for the way she makes your cock twitch every time she's around.

"Theo, get your arse back in here!" Rob shouts, and for once I'm grateful for the abrupt distraction his loud mouth brings. "We have drinks to fill and stomachs to serve."

"Yeah, yeah," I groan, taking one last hit against my cigarette before stubbing it out against the brick wall, throwing away its squished butt, and reluctantly making my way inside. The chatter of the pub fills my ears as I tie my apron back on and make my way to the bar.

"Theeeeeo," a regular customer greets me with a toothy grin as soon as she sets her sight on me.

"What will it be, April?"

She leans her body forward against the bar surface as I ask the question, purposefully positioning herself to where her tits are practically spilling out of her shirt. "Two pints of larger and a shot of you, honey," she slurs.

"How much did you drink before coming here?" I ask, keeping the tone of my voice gentle because part of me actually feels sympathy for the middle-aged woman despite how damn tired I am of her same old bullshite after a year and a half of serving her.

"Does it matter?" she smirks, batting her eyelashes at me.

"It matters," I roll my eyes. I fill up a glass of water and slide it her way. I could keep serving her drinks until she's completely shite-faced and having to crawl her way out of this bar but I've got at least some morals left in me. "Drink some damn water, April. Or else you're gonna feel like utter shite when you're trying to remember this tomorrow."

"Fine," she huffs, snatching up the alcohol-free drink and managing to spill it all over herself.

"Oh, bloody hell," I sigh. I toss a washcloth her way and hope to God the rest of my shift doesn't drag.

✰✰✰

The moon and stars are out by the time I finally push my way out of Gullie's for the night. The sounds of a never-sleeping city and the humming of taxi cabs fill my ears as I make my way down the street, each step I take leading me closer and closer to Harvey and Evie's place.

And now, Nora's place.

I attempt to keep my eyes pinned on the pavement at my feet as I pass the familiar flat because I know the sight of it would only conjure up more thoughts of the newcomer I'm assuming is probably inside. Unfortunately, I find myself lacking self-discipline as I glance up at one of the lit-up, second-story windows.

I hate the way I want to know what might be happening inside.

And suddenly I'm reminded of how much I sometimes miss living in B02 with my friends as I recall some of my core memories from the place. We really had some good times together there. But I'm convinced that I made the right decision when I chose to move out because living with them made the guilt that constantly lies dormant in the pit of my stomach that much worse.