Issue 26: Predator and Prey

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, Spider-Witch grabbed her wrist and looked up at Snapdragon, her eyes glowing blue. "You shouldn't have done that..."

Her voice was deeper, and above all, she sounded...furious.

She then shot her fist right into Snapdragon's face, sending her flying as she got up. Spider-Witch then cracked her neck before beginning to stomp over. "Guess you need to work on your poison!"

Snapdragon just laughed as she suddenly flew into the air with some kind of built in jet pack. "Oh, trust me...this is what I wanted." She grinned before the needles on her fists retracted and the vines came out, suddenly sparking in electricity.

Spider-Witch's eyes narrowed and she suddenly growled like a lion.

Snapdragon then shot her arms forward, swinging her vines like they were whips.

Spider-Witch just jumped high into the air, dodging the swing before a black tendril shot out of her arm and wrapped around Snapdragon, pulling Spider-Witch closer and allowing her to punch her in the face.

Snapdragon cried out in pain, but then swung one of her vines and wrapped it around Spider-Witch's waist, shocking her and causing her to roar in pain. She just grinned and then swung her around before slamming her into the side of the building.

Spider-Witch just kept roaring before grabbing the mechanical vine as two tendrils shot out from her back and grabbed it as well. Spider-Witch let out a furious scream as she began pulling, suddenly tearing the vine in half.

"Well...how about that?" Snapdragon grinned before flying at Spider-Witch, taking out the blade from her fist again and slashing at her.

Spider-Witch just dodged and then stuck to the wall with her hands, using both of her feet to kick Snapdragon in the face and then send her crashing to the ground after tackling her and only throw more punches and kicks.

Snapdragon cried out in pain before she crashed onto the ground, with Spider-Witch still punching her again and again.

"OH, THAT'S IT!!!" Snapdragon boomed as she wrapped one of her vines around Spider-Witch and tossed her into the street.

Spider-Witch was sent flying, but landed on top of a parked car, growling again. "That's it!? And we were just getting started!!!"

Snapdragon then flew into the air again as one of her suit's arms suddenly turned into a cannon, which began firing literal lasers at her.

Spider-Witch just laughed as she dodged each one before she shot out another tendril from her arm, grabbing Snapdragon by her cannon and yanking her over only to punch her across the face again.

Then, tendrils suddenly sprouted out from Spider-Witch's boot, launching her into the air as she webbed Snapdragon's face and pulled herself over and kicked her, breaking off a piece of her helmet which revealed parts of her human face inside.

Snapdragon backed up before flying up again, only for Spider-Witch to grab her by her legs with another set of tendrils and then slam her down onto the road.

Spider-Witch growled louder before swinging her onto the other side of the road and then back again. She was swinging the villain like a ragdoll.

"C'MON!!! FIGHT!!!" Spider-Witch demanded as she finally slammed Snapdragon into a wall and then began walking over to her, cracking her fists. "WE WERE JUST GETTING WARMED UP!!!"

'We?' Snapdragon thought before bringing up a data file in her suit. It was clear the weapons she had were not going to work. She then quickly freed herself from the wall and flew into the air.

"OHHH NO, YA DON'T!!!" Spider-Witch roared as she leapt into the air and began swinging after her.

Snapdragon quickly flew faster, increasing the speed of her thrusters...only to suddenly be tackled mid-air and then punched right through the window of a skyscraper.

All kinds of workers and people inside the building screamed and backed away, or even hiding under their desks in terror.

"You won't be needing THIS anymore!!!" Spider-Witch snarled as she turned Snapdragon around and punched her right in the back, ripping out the fuel cords for her built-in jetpack.

Snapdragon then tried to shoot at Spider-Witch again, only for the mystic hero to grab the cannon, lift her up, and then slam her back down.

"Not so tough without your little toys! The other crooks we fought were at least challenging! YOU'RE PATHETIC!!"

Spider-Witch's voice was as loud as could be as she began punching Snapdragon over and over until her armor was dented and her helmet fell apart into pieces.

Snapdragon kept crying out in pain, trying to escape once her helmet finally broke, but all Spider-Witch did was grab her and then slam her against the wall before webbing her there.

"Have fun rotting in prison...think about breaking out...and we break YOU." Spider-Witch snarled before looking at all the terrified workers inside.

"Keep an eye on her for us until the cops get here. Thanks!" She said, her voice finally returning to normal before she hopped out the hole in the window she and Snapdragon made and then swung away.