Chapter 25

Inuyasha wakes up trapped inside a pillar of flesh.
" musa " he mumbles as he breaks free and finds her trapped as he breaks her free she falls into his arms .
" it's okay I got you ." Inyuasha whispers .
" inyuasha! Musa ! " they hear the group call out to them as they
Reunite  with tecna , flora , Kagome, Shippō, Kirara, Miroku, and Sango.

Naraku then shows his face saying that Mt. Hakurei has become part of his new body. He reveals Bankotsu's corps  trapped in one of his tentacles as  takes his last two Jewel Shards.

Inuyasha is enraged saying that though Bankotsu was a villain he wasn't nearly as evil as Naraku.

Naraku takes Kagome's Jewel Shards from the remains of Banryū and the other five Jewel Shards from Inuyasha combining them into one and creating a new body for himself which includes vertical eyes on his chest and hands and three tails.

Inuyasha then uses Wind Scar on Naraku but his demonic aura within the mountain of flesh causes it to ricochet endlessly.

"  Naraku is more powerful than before." Tecna says to them as kagome notices two Jewel Shards inside Naraku's barrier that she's sure belong to Kōga .

Kagome then shoots Naraku's barrier with a Sacred Arrow dispersing his demonic aura and releasing Kōga from inside him sending Kōga falling.

Mt. Hakurei begins to collapse and Naraku says he is going after Kikyō.

Inuyasha and the girls  chase the unconscious Kōga as he plunges towards Naraku's caustic lake of miasma.

However the mountain collapses around them
Shippō begs Kagome to abandon Kōga but she can't. Sensing her distress Inuyasha entrusts Kagome's safety to Shippō .

" hold up I'm coming with you." musa says confidently.
" fine ." Inyuasha says annoyed."
" I'll watch over kagome ." Flora says confidently .

As tecna tells  Inuyasha to be careful as he and musa vanishes into the darkness.

Meanwhile Naraku shows off his powerful new 'body' with smug confidence while Kikyō seethes at his audacity. Kikyō tells him she knows Kagura escaped with something from the mountain, and demands to know what it was and what Naraku's real intentions are. Naraku toys with Kikyō, telling her how he manipulated her into coming to Mt. Hakurei. Naraku then savagely slashes Kikyō, severing her bow and slicing deep into her body. Kikyō collapses to her knees as her life force gushes out as Naraku tells her he is no longer controlled by Onigumo's heart and can now destroy her. Kikyō realizes it must have been Naraku's human heart Kagura carried away from the mountain. Naraku delivers his deathblow impaling Kikyō on his cruel claws. He propels her over the edge of the fissure and into the torrent of miasma below.

Falling, Kikyō's thoughts turn to Inuyasha and she calls his name. At that moment Inuyasha is seized by a dreadful feeling and he races off abandoning musa .

" hey ! " musa shouts .

As Naraku gloats over his victory but his celebration is interrupted by Sesshōmaru who he greets without any honorifics as Jaken is angered by this noting Naraku's arrogance has become worse.

Sesshōmaru orders Jaken to be silent and asserts that Naraku must be capable of "producing a significant amount of power" if he's dared to venture outside of his barrier. Naraku laughs at this, and invites Sesshōmaru to attack him and find out. Sesshōmaru draws Tōkijin and fires a blue energy wave in a single motion, reducing Naraku to a jumbled mass of flesh.

However, Naraku merely laughs, and gathers the scraps of his body in his barrier. Naraku then tells Sesshōmaru that he will reverse the power of Tōkijin, and fires Sesshōmaru's blast of energy back at him. Sesshōmaru blocks with it his blade, but the force of the attack pushes Sesshōmaru back, much to Jaken's astonishment. Once the blast subsides, Sesshōmaru leaps forward and cuts Naraku's head in half.

However, Naraku continues to laugh, saying that he will never die; he regenerates as he flees again. Sesshōmaru declines to pursue him, and sheathes Tōkijin. He ponders that Naraku merely wished to test his new body against his power.

Bad timing delivers Inuyasha into his older brother's company. Sesshōmaru tells Inuyasha about Kikyō as he spots the poignant remains of Kikyō's broken bow on the ground near the fissure.

Peering into the chasm, Inuyasha's desperate denial is replaced by profound sorrow as he watches a lone soul skimmer chase the tatters of Kikyō's sleeve into the miasma, vaporizing itself. Tortured by guilt, Inuyasha blames himself for failing to protect Kikyō. He lashes out angrily at Sesshōmaru, accusing him of allowing Kikyō to be killed.

Sesshōmaru's icy response is that Naraku killed Kikyō "and the one who wasn't able to save her was you, Inuyasha. If you have the time to snarl at me, you would do better to spend it chasing Naraku."

Musa then come up to inyuasha as Sesshōmaru notices her and they both stare at each other .

" Sesshōmaru ? Your here ." Musa says as she runs to hug him he surprisingly returns the hug .

" where tecna ?" He asked .

" shes with the rest of the group ." Musa says .

" I must go ." Sesshōmaru then turns and walks away leaving musa  alone and inyuasha heartbroken.

He falls to his knees, unable to bear his grief.

" inyuasha ?" Musa says worriedly .

As  flora  and the others arrive Inuyasha composes himself enough to tell them Naraku achieved his goal in taking Kikyō's life.

Flora  is shocked and feels for Inuyasha.

Far from Mt. Hakurei, Kagura rests from her flight, irritated at the burden Naraku assigned to her. Suddenly, a voice from the bundle tells her Naraku has slain Kikyō.