Chapter 12

Jeremy returned to his apartment to find the Buddies playing around more.

His apartment was okay this time, but the fridge door was open.

Jeremy shook his head. "Budderball, I know you're in there."

Budderball poked his head out with a raw steak in his mouth.

"Spit it out" said Jeremy.

"Mm-mm" said Budderball.

"Spit it out."

"No!"

"Just let him eat it, dude. He left your vegetables alone" said Mudbud.

Jeremy relaxed. "Alright. I s'pose Andy does need to watch her figure."

"Huh? Is she coming?" said Budderball.

"Yes. I'm having dinner with her. So, come to think of it, Budderball may have done me a favor. She might be asking me for just vegetables" said Jeremy.

"Can we meet her?" said Rosebud.

"Fellas... I dunno how to say this, but... it'll just be Andy and me tonight. We're about to get married and I want to give her what she expects" said Jeremy.

"Clearly, she doesn't expect five puppies" said Buddha.

"No. If she sees you, she might follow her policewoman instincts and search for your owners" said Jeremy.

"She won't find 'em here, dawg. Gettin' us home is your job" said B-Dawg.

"And if she saw us, it might kill the mood. Right, Jeremy?" said Rosebud.

"Very good. So until she leaves, I want you lot in my roommate's bedroom" said Jeremy.

"You have a roommate?" said Mudbud.

"Yes. He's in New York writing a telly show. He'll be back in a few days; you can meet him then" said Jeremy. 

"Until then, let's go take cover in his room until Andrea leaves" said Buddha. 

The Buddies scampered in the Charles Wallace's room while Jeremy roasted some vegetables for Andy. 

She arrived soon after and knocked on Jeremy's door three times, just to joke with him.

"Jeremy?" she said in between knocks.

Jeremy answered his door to find his fiancee wearing a bright smile.

She was stripped of her police uniform and wearing a white shirt, black stretch-pants and a jean jacket. 

"Welcome, m'love" said Jeremy kissing her cheek.