Chapter 2

Meanwhile, in a small town in Washington called Fernfield, five little golden retriever pups were out playing near the town hall. 

The puppies were siblings and the children of the world famous sports dog Air Bud.

The biggest one in the red football jersey was named Budderball. His favorite things were superheroes and comics. His favorite chew toy was a little football. But whenever he saw food, whether it was kibble or a chili cheese dog, he devoured it. That's why they named him Budderball after the turkey.

B-Dawg loved himself more than anything. He always wore a chain with a diamond B on it, calling it his bling. He also loved using slang that cool kids used. His favorite music style was the kind he could dance to. His favorite sport was basketball so his chew toy was a little basketball. He also loves to chase cats, but he gets scared pretty easily, as much as he tries to hide it.

Then there's Buddha. He was named after the famous Nepali yoga teacher for a reason. Buddha loved to meditate and do yoga. His collar was brown beads with red tassels and a stone with his name on it. He talked very peacefully too, frequently offering peace to his peers, saying 'namaste'. But he also loved outer space and was a sport enthusiast just like his siblings. His favorite sport was baseball, so his chew toy was a baseball. 

Mudbud had the kind of behavior anyone would guess if they heard his name. He loved to roll around in dirt (and hated taking baths), especially when it was raining. He cared very deeply about his peers as well. Like B-Dawg, he also used cool slang, referring to his peers as dudes. For a collar, he wore a navy blue bandana with his name on it. His favorite sport was volleyball so his chew toy was a dirty volleyball. 

Last but not least, there was Rosebud. She was the only girl in the litter. Despite her adorable exterior, she was the feistiest out of all of them. She loved fashion, shopping and the color pink. She always wore a little pink bow on her ear that had her name written across it. She frequently got annoyed at her brother's antics. Her favorite sport was soccer, so her chew toy was a soccer ball. 

On this day, the five of them were racing each other to the Fernfield town hall.

Rosebud got there first, so she was bragging. "Oh yeah! I was first! Sisters rule and brothers drool!"

"No way, dudette! I was here first" said Mudbud.

"I'm calling for an instant replay" said Budderball. 

B-Dawg was hiding in the bushes. "Yo dawgs. Is the coast clear?"

Rosebud scoffed. "B-Dawg, what are you hiding from now?"

"Me? I'm not hidin'. I just thought we could play some... hide and seek" said B-Dawg.

"Seeking truth is a great start to our day. Ohm..." said Buddha as he started to meditate. 

"Whatever. You're it" Rosebud sassed.

"Dude. Don't forget to come find us after ten ohms" said Mudbud.

Buddha continued to meditate as his siblings hid.