We were here first

Mark and Jack were back in Jack's office room and their attention was once again focused on their game.

Sammy and Tim walked into the office and stood in the two dads' line of sight. Jack paused the game. "Sammy, Tim," he said, "are you guys alright, do you need anything?"

Sammy nodded, "Yeah, but we were wondering if we could go across the street to the park for a little while?" She said as she rocked back and forth on her heels, trying to convince her dad to say yes.

Jack looked at his watch. It was 5:22 p.m. at the moment. He looked back up at Sammy and nodded. "Only as long as it's okay with Mark, too."

Mark looked up from his phone, "What? Oh, yeah, of course, I don't mind." he said.

The two kids high-fived and ran down the hall to the front door.

"Make sure you're home by seven thirty!" Jack yelled before they shut the door.

Sammy and Tim ran down the stairs of their apartment building and past Mrs. Johnson, Sammy's 80-something-year-old downstairs neighbor.

"Hi, Mrs. Johnson!" She yelled and stopped to help the elderly lady pick up her daily paper and handed it to her.

"Hello, dear." The lady replied, before taking the paper from Sammy's hand "Oh, why thank you sweetie!" she said. Sammy felt bad that old Mrs. Johnson lived right underneath Sammy and her dad's apartment and that she had to listen to Jack play Happy Wheels sometimes.

Maybe she's too old to hear him shouting so much; Who knows.

Sammy mumbled a "you're welcome" and then ran to catch up with Tim, who took advantage of Sammy stopping and being polite to run ahead of her to get the 'good swing'. the reason this swing is so good is because it's the only swing on the playground that isn't low enough for either of their feet to graze the ground and it doesn't squeak.

By the time Sammy had caught up with Tim, he was already at the playground and standing in front of the good swing, but talking to someone else who was on it.

"Joseph, I was gonna swing on the good swing and you took it," Tim said. " I was here first; it's not fair, you can't do that."

Joseph. Sammy despised Joseph. He had always been known for picking on Sammy ever since they were in preschool. He always made really mean comments towards her by calling her ugly and saying that she's too short and looks like a boy. It hurt her feelings but she didn't wanna look weak to him or Tim by showing it. Usually Sammy was the only person that would stand up to Joseph.

"That's too bad, Tiny." Joseph said. He calls him Tiny because of Tim's small frame, while Joseph is a little more heavy-set. Joseph looked at Sammy and noticed she was there as well. "well, well, well. looks like the little boy wanted to swing too." he said.

"Joseph, Tim was here first," Sammy replied, staying calm despite his rude comment. "It's not fair that you took it."

"What are you dorks gonna do 'bout it?" Joseph retorted. Tim walked up and wrapped his hand around the chain of the swing. "Hey!" Joseph yelled, "No! Get off!" and he pushed Tim into the Gravel a couple feet away.

Sammy looked over and saw that Tim had scraped both of his elbows as well as the back of his leg on the gravel and was beginning to get tear up.

"What?" Joseph taunted, with a small laugh. "Is the baby gonna cry 'bout it?"

Sam then stomped up to Joseph and pulled him off of the swing and onto the ground, sat on him, and began hitting him.

"Nobody. Hits. My. Friend!" Sammy said between punches.

"Ow!" joseph yelled, "G-get off of me, bitch!" And he knocked Sammy off of him with one punch to Sammy's right cheek.